Ocean Tetra Angler

Paddling gear and boat review

Mlstergt
Name: Trey

Ocean Tetra Angler

Post by Mlstergt » Sat Aug 11, 2012 10:02 am

I bought a 12' Ocean Tetra Angler through Bass Pro Shops. The kayak came in missing the rubber gasket that keeps the Mod Pod II water tight to the hatch. Also, the right foot brace was completely mangled and broken. I called Ocean customer service who rudely agreed to replace the two piece. The foot brace came in just fine, but the rubber gasket was just a piece of rubber. No glue, no instructions on how to install it. Needless to say I screwed that up and it came unglued on my first trip. At this point I was already getting frustrated with the purchase; maybe a message on FB (I wrote them) or a letter included in my shipment for parts stating the company was sorry would have eased my growing frustrations, but alas, nothing. The final straw was when one of the seat straps that holds you up broke within 5 minutes of the maiden voyage. I had taken it all the way to Orange Beach too for the first trip. I spent the next 4 days with a broken seat... The people at Bass Pro in Mobile were more than helpful with the return. I opted to take my money back instead of in-store credit so I am looking for another kayak if anyone reading this has one.

Long story short, there is no way Id purchase another kayak from Ocean.

Trey.

tomOzarkVideo
Name: Tom McFetridge

Re: Ocean Tetra Angler

Post by tomOzarkVideo » Sat Aug 11, 2012 1:25 pm

Just in time. All of the shops are selling Wilderness Systems kayaks at 20-30% off!

A step up in my opinion. :kayak: :thumbup:
"My favorite rapid was Boogie Water" - kru

Social Media