OT: (sorta) PLEASE READ-Need your help!

Paddling gear and boat review

Dannyboy
Name: Danny

OT: (sorta) PLEASE READ-Need your help!

Post by Dannyboy » Sun Mar 11, 2012 9:16 pm

CALL FOR YOUR HELP!
I have a couple projects in the works that require I obtain some latex ankle and especially wrist gaskets. My budget is very limited so I'm gonna ask a favor. In return for your help, when the finished project is ready I will share the design and methods for free (or the finished products at cost) with my brothers and sisters of the Arkansas paddling community, a brand new product and design the likes of which I've never seen but always dreamed of! I am already in the process of getting patented for future production for small profit.

I am asking anyone with a ripped or otherwise unusable or unfix-able drysuit, top, pants, bibs, etc. or with a set of old gaskets cut out for replacement with new ones (but used ones not yet thrown away) to please consider donating those items to this cause. I don't want to let the cat outta the bag just yet until the patent process is complete (NRS, Stohlquist, Kokotat, or somebody gets whiff and I'm done.) I prefer and mostly need latex, but will accept items with neoprene closures as well. In fact send me the entire garment, any paddling or watersports garment, whatever remains of it, and we will do our level best to recycle and reuse as much of the material and fittings as possible.and do our best to see that your old faithful items live on in even greater contribution to our beloved sport! NOTHING that you so generously contribute to our dream will be wasted if a way can be found to utilize it. I thank any and all of you in advance who rise to this occasion. If I am successful, and I have no reason to believe I will be otherwise, I will change cold water/weather paddling for the better for many of us.

On another, related note, we are also looking to obtain any tent materials no longer of use;from poles to hardware, to especially rain flys and the material that actually makes up the tent itself.. Just WAIT and see what we've come up with here!

Again much thanks and deep appreciation towards and for anyone who may step up and help us out. I've wanted to start my own niche company for a long time now, and I truly believe the good Lord has shown me the start of my path. I'm not a business school or entrepreneurial phenom, nor am I a materials engineer or fashion designer. But I AM one of you, and I know the gear we need to be happy, comfy, and above all safe on the water. I am a college grad with a wide base of knowledge and love of research, recycling, and restoration. I am currently laid off and find myself with the time, the drive and passion, the equipment, and the shop to seize this opportunity.

You can PM me or Email me (dan 8 rowe at hot mail, no spaces of course), though it may be a day or two before I respond to either. Or you may phone or text me at - 501 five one four 3 oh nine 7.

I have discussed some of these ideas with some of the wisest and most insightful veteran paddlers I've been lucky enough to get to know and call friend (though I had to swear them to secrecy on penalty of three years of bad paddlin luck LOL) and I truly believe we're on to something here!!! American/Arkansan paddlers, building for paddlers, and hopefully creating at least a few jobs in the process somewhere along the way! So PLEASE HELP if you are able and so inclined. We will NOT forget any of our friends on here that do so. Thank you so very much!

Danny Rowe
"Never Argue with an idiot - they'll just bring you down to their level and beat you with experience"
- Corran Addison

Dannyboy
Name: Danny

Re: OT: (sorta) PLEASE READ-Need your help!

Post by Dannyboy » Sun Mar 11, 2012 9:19 pm

PS I will be looking for "Professional Testers" at some point. Hence the beliefe I should post this in here as well as the other boards. I prefer people who have paddled for some time, in a variety of conditions, using different gear at different points along the way, and believe them to be best suited to give the informed and thought out, experience-led feedback we'll need to know if we nailed it, or if we need to make some changes. Having said that, we will give first priority for beta testing to those who take the effort to invest in us with their donations.
"Never Argue with an idiot - they'll just bring you down to their level and beat you with experience"
- Corran Addison

Social Media