Review waterproof camera

Paddling gear and boat review

Karla
Name: Karla R.

Review waterproof camera

Post by Karla » Wed Dec 21, 2011 4:34 pm

Anyone have the Nikon waterproof camera. It is HD movies and 16 MP.
Wondering if anyone used one yet.

Karla

TBC
Commercial Member
Name: Louis Shaw

Re: Review waterproof camera

Post by TBC » Thu Dec 22, 2011 2:50 pm

Nope but I have the Olympus Stylus 790 SW its a few years old now but is a good little camera.

Karla

Post by Karla » Fri Jan 13, 2012 10:58 am

I ended up with the Nikon HD 16 megapixel waterproof camera. I really like it now that I have used it once on the river.

Karla

MaxTexan
Name: dave

Post by MaxTexan » Tue Jan 24, 2012 8:11 pm

Karla, Any impressions on the Nikon's lower light ability to take pics and the delay between hitting the shutter button and photo capture. These are lements that I do not like about my Olymbus. Also does it take HD with sound?

Karla

Post by Karla » Tue Jan 24, 2012 9:21 pm

I bought it about 3 weeks ago and have paddled with it and it does take great HD pics and video with sound. I am still learning it. I know there are settings you can change or use easy auto or auto with some menu changes with stuff. I can give you more info once I have tried it out more. I like it better than the olympus esp with the video and zooming in using digital zoom. It has less shake on digital as far as you can zoom. I like that. Only thing I have not liked is the lense does not close off when not in use and I have taken pics with water spots on lense. I have purchased a filter to help with the sun/light but mostly to cover the lense when I am paddling while camera in my pfd while going down a rapid. Will see if this works. It has 16 megapixels. I got a different strap that is shorter than the one that came with it as it was a hazard with a double strap that is too long for rivers.

Karla

MaxTexan
Name: dave

Post by MaxTexan » Wed Jan 25, 2012 11:27 am

thanks for the info

Social Media