I DO NOT RECOMMEND LUMINOX

Paddling gear and boat review
Eric Esche
Name: Eric Esche

Re: I DO NOT RECOMMEND LUMINOX

Post by Eric Esche » Wed Jun 27, 2012 6:26 pm

Susan can tell you how hard on watches I can be. If it can be smashed, I will do it eventually. I have a talent for this.

I would recommend a Casio G-Shock Illuminator. Never had one leak and wear it in the shower everyday. Latest one I have says it is water resistent to 200 meters or 20BAR. Battery lasts about 5 years, and I usually wear out a plastic watchband 3 or 4 times before finding something to smash the face on that by all rights should have broken my wrist as well. Think I have had 3 Casio's in 32 years while married to Susan. Button on bottom right lights it up and it is very easy to read day or night. If I broke this one today, I would get the exact same thing. Model number is 1545 DW 5600E. Do not know what this last one cost as it was an anniversary present from Susan, but they were running around $67. Might find one cheaper on ebay. If they cost $100, I would still get one. I do not want anything else.

Eric Esche

magnetik
Name: Julian

Re: I DO NOT RECOMMEND LUMINOX

Post by magnetik » Mon Jul 30, 2012 12:58 pm

I have to second the G-Shock recommendation. I currently wear a japanese version of the Casio Mudman. This thing is awesome. It has compass, thermometer, indiglo backlighting and has atomic and solar features. The best thing about it was it shows day of week, month/day, time, and second hand all on one screen. It's also one of the most rugged G-Shocks you can get.

Social Media