Dagger RPM Max

Paddling gear and boat review

RomanLA
Name: Roman Ryder

Dagger RPM Max

Post by RomanLA » Tue Sep 13, 2011 7:38 am

I'm currently paddling a Pyranha Varun, so I have a free runner that will surf and squirt. I love the look of the RPM though and found one that has barely been used for a good price. Do I want one of these?

okieboater
Name: David L. Reid

Re: Dagger RPM Max

Post by okieboater » Tue Sep 13, 2011 10:01 am

Yup.
Purchased mine in 1996 at NOC during a clinic.
Still my favorite river runner.
Surfs great, plenty of speed, carves into eddies etc.
Rewards good boat posture, penalizes bad boat posture.
My favorite kayak for Canoe School. Fast in order to get to students who need help, reliable demo boat and rolls on automatic pilot.
My RPM Max has a spot in the boat house long as it floats and maybe even after that.

I am a big fan of Jackson kayaks now but my go to fun river runner is my Max.

A post earlier wrote on current Dagger plastic issues, been a while since I purchased a new Dagger boat. But the plastic on my Max has slid over uncounted rocks, lost count of the river miles, and still has many years of service left in it.

It is a buy and hold kayak design in my opinion.
Okieboater AKA Dave Reid

We are not sure when childhood ends and adulthood begins.

We are sure that when retirement begins, childhood restarts

RomanLA

Post by RomanLA » Tue Sep 13, 2011 10:39 am

okieboater wrote:It is a buy and hold kayak design in my opinion.
Okie doke...I found a great deal on one that's in nearly new condition. I guess I'll jump on it! Thanks!

kayakcono

Post by kayakcono » Wed Sep 14, 2011 12:07 pm

In retrospect, the RPM MAX was also one of my all time favorite boats. Traded mine in along with a Prijon Tornado for an H3-255 (hated it !) Possibly my worst boat deal ever ... wish I had the MAX back. I did buy the Tornado back, only to have somebody destroy it in the Green Race. Boats come and go, buttt I hold the RPM MAX in very high regard. Freddie Carter

RomanLA

Post by RomanLA » Wed Sep 14, 2011 12:31 pm

I'd love to have one, but I just can't see me paddling it much. I only get a dozen or so river runs in a year and I can't see me choosing it over one of my modern boats. Plus, it would take up more space than my shorter boats that can stand on end in my garage. Decisions decisions...

Roger

Post by Roger » Thu Sep 15, 2011 6:54 pm

I think I know where I can get one for about $150 and it looked in fairly decent shape!! Just need to approach the owner (I don't think he knows what he has) and see if it's for sell!!

Freddy, look out as I'll be coming up to the Saint when it runs with my new shredder!!!
I am I plus my surroundings and if I do not preserve the latter, I do not preserve myself. Jose Ortega Y Gasset

The earth is like a spaceship that didn't come with an operating manual.
Buckminster Fuller

kayakcono

Post by kayakcono » Thu Sep 15, 2011 8:54 pm

Roger, long time no see.. We are getting quite the stable of Shredder's on the Saint these daze. C'Mon up. We love company, specially Arkie's with BIG Blow Logs ! My first Shredder experience was on the Gauley, oh yeah, we swam plenty ! Freddie

Roger

Post by Roger » Thu Sep 15, 2011 10:05 pm

kayakcono wrote:Roger, long time no see.. We are getting quite the stable of Shredder's on the Saint these daze. C'Mon up. We love company, specially Arkie's with BIG Blow Logs ! My first Shredder experience was on the Gauley, oh yeah, we swam plenty ! Freddie
Looking forward to it!; If I can get that RPM Max, do you want it?
I am I plus my surroundings and if I do not preserve the latter, I do not preserve myself. Jose Ortega Y Gasset

The earth is like a spaceship that didn't come with an operating manual.
Buckminster Fuller

kayakcono

Post by kayakcono » Fri Sep 16, 2011 9:25 am

Oh, no ! I'm divesting all (most) of my Boats and old gear. Keepin 2 MEGA Rockers and 1 play boat. I retire in 17 mos., and will be moving back to the Dominican Republic to paddle away my old age in Paradise.... warm WW year round. Freddie

Social Media