Post by tomOzarkVideo » Thu May 19, 2011 8:27 am

I have a powerful lust for this boat..

Anybody have experience with it?
"My favorite rapid was Boogie Water" - kru

AR-Nimrod
Name: Chris Crawford

Re: LL Remix xp10

Post by AR-Nimrod » Thu May 19, 2011 9:11 am

Like you, I had a powerful lust for one that was finally satisfied last fall. I love mine. I'm 45 years old, 6'3" and 240# +/- with size 13 feet and I have no trouble gettting in or out (including wet exits). When Roll Class in Shreveport ended in early April I was close to rolling it. Very stable yet, also very manueverable. Cruises good with the skeg down and turns on a dime with it up. Can carry a good bit of camping gear. Last time out there were 7 in our group and 4 of us were paddle XP's 3-10's and 1-9. Did I say I love this boat?
Chris Crawford

Some people don't know, what they don't know.....

Wildwood
Name: Jan Johnson

Post by Wildwood » Thu May 19, 2011 6:50 pm

I bought a red one at OOO last spring. I love it so much I went back & got a yellow one a couple of months ago. :clap: I've been down Big Piney when the water was up and did just fine. I don't use the SnapDragon skirt I bought, I just use a mini-skirt and it keeps the water out pretty well. (I'm claustrophobic.) :chicken: I'm an old gal and this boat gets me where I want to go with no problem. :beer:

Have you used an XP10? Where are you? Perhaps you could try mine.
Jan
Jan Johnson

"Life shouldn't be a journey to the grave intending to arrive safely in an attractive, well preserved body, but rather to skid in sideways, a paddle in your hands, body totally worn out and screaming "WOO HOO what a ride!"

Jim Krueger

Post by Jim Krueger » Thu May 19, 2011 8:45 pm

I'll testify that Jan liked her XP-10,very much and, very shortly, on her first day of using it, I have a picture to prove it. :D

Worthlessly Yours
Jim Moose

Wildwood
Name: Jan Johnson

Post by Wildwood » Thu May 19, 2011 10:36 pm

Jim, that picture means a lot to me! I had a great time in your class at Rec school, never dreaming I would be doing it in the Remix. Thank you for the little push to use it instead of the Old Town Vapor. :chicken:

I'm looking forward to seeing you & Marlo at rec school. I'll even bring your skirt I borrowed last year.

I have not talked to anyone who does not like their Remix XP10.

See y'all soon.
Jan
Jan Johnson

"Life shouldn't be a journey to the grave intending to arrive safely in an attractive, well preserved body, but rather to skid in sideways, a paddle in your hands, body totally worn out and screaming "WOO HOO what a ride!"

Edgar
Name: Edgar

Post by Edgar » Fri May 20, 2011 8:35 pm

I just got my XP9 this week from OOO and tried it out yesterday and I love it.

justanovice
Name: Sandy

Post by justanovice » Sat May 21, 2011 8:35 am

Last year for Christmas, we purchased three LL Remix XP 9s. My daughter and I took whitewater class on Turner Bend this month, and we both absolutely adore them. (My son was too young. ) I'm kind of wishing that we would have gotten the kid's size for Noah, but he seems to handle the 9 pretty well. Overall, I could not be more pleased with the boats. We had been renting for two years, but these are actually our first "owned" boats. We had researched and researched what type we might want. Then with the help of OOO, Liquid Logic became our choice. I may still keep an eye out for a kid's size for my son (8 years old), but no way am I letting go of his Remix 9. We ALL love them too much!! Maneuverable yet stable.
Sandy S.

Jim Krueger

Post by Jim Krueger » Sat May 21, 2011 9:05 am

Sandy,

We were taking-out at Glenwood on the Caddo two weekends ago and I noticed a group of 5 or 6 folks taking-out just after us and they all seemed to have XP 9s&10s. Were you all in that group?

Best Regards
Jim

justanovice
Name: Sandy

Post by justanovice » Sat May 21, 2011 7:48 pm

Jim,
Well, I certainly WISH that I could have been out floating during that time, but the minor inconvenience of a career has prevented me from doing so. I'm also still a little timid with this sport, especially with my two kids who are always with me. Momma' instinct, I guess. So far, we have only floated the Buffalo (and Turner Bend at WW School, of course), but I'm trying to gradually work our way into more and more rapids. Caitlin and I love the thrill, but my number one priority is keeping my kids safe. Many days I just take a "virtual kayak trip" on the message board when I can't get out. :lol: Overall, we are still very new to this sport but love it!!
Sandy
Sandy S.

tomOzarkVideo
Name: Tom McFetridge

Post by tomOzarkVideo » Tue May 24, 2011 5:54 am

Thank you all for the input.. this looks like the boat for me.. :D

What is OOO?

AR-Nimrod
Name: Chris Crawford

Post by AR-Nimrod » Tue May 24, 2011 8:03 am

OOO is Ouachita Outdoor Outfitters in Hot Springs. They have a good selection of kayaks, a VERY knowledgable and super friendly staff and THE BEST Customer Service of any store I've ever dealt with. They carry Liquid Logic kayaks. Probably got several XP10's in stock right now. I bet they can cure your case of boat lust.
Chris Crawford

Some people don't know, what they don't know.....

JeffT
Name: Jeff

Post by JeffT » Fri Jul 15, 2011 8:37 pm

justanovice wrote: I may still keep an eye out for a kid's size for my son (8 years old), but no way am I letting go of his Remix 9. We ALL love them too much!! Maneuverable yet stable.
I bought my 6 year old a Jackson mini tripper from OOO recently. It's about halfway between a kayak and a canoe. If you want to try it out let me know.

tomOzarkVideo
Name: Tom McFetridge

Post by tomOzarkVideo » Sat Jul 16, 2011 9:56 am

After much thought and consideration.... Ok.. I just saw a pretty boat at an UNBELIEVABLE price.

I went with a wavesport Habitat 74. :clap:

I have 4 rec boats.. :poke: What do I need a crossover for? Not a thing.

Now.. Wheres the rain? :drool:

The XP is a GREAT boat.. Just not for me.. At least until they are going for super cheap on the used market.

Social Media