{{ SOLD }} Blue Hole OCA 17-A Canoe $1500 {{ SOLD }}

Post paddling related items for sale here or items you are looking for.
Commercial Members feel free to post your sale items here as well.

Lorne
Name: Lorne

{{ SOLD }} Blue Hole OCA 17-A Canoe $1500 {{ SOLD }}

Post by Lorne » Mon Dec 30, 2019 6:11 pm

{{ SOLD }} I have a genuine Blue Hole canoe that I am selling. It’s a true barn find, no river rash at all, only used on a lake and I purchased from the original owner. Blue Holes are the best canoes made and I know I’ll never be able to replace it once it’s gone. This boat is meant for a family or a couple people with gear. It’s a little long to paddle solo. I thought I’d put it out there for sale and see how much interest I get. The canoe has always been stored inside and the royalex is in excellent condition! The price is reflective of how much it means to me as well as the condition of the boat. You can look at the condition in the photos. Here’s your chance to own a classic, genuine Blue Hole Royalex canoe! This boat is a rare find!
If you want a canoe that will handle a month’s worth of supplies to head out on a wilderness adventure, this canoe is for you. In the OCA 17-A you’ll find all the great characteristics that have made this canoe a paddling legend. With lots of volume to keep you and your gear dry in whitewater or waves it still tracks well with good hull speed on flatwater. The durable royalex material and classic Blue Hole lines make the 17-A the ultimate wilderness extended tripping canoe.
The Blue Hole Canoe Company was founded in Nashville, Tennessee in 1972 by Bob Lantz, Roy Guinn and Bill Peatman. The factory was on Blue Hole Road in Antioch just outside Nashville. Several hundred of the original design, for which Bill Griswold of Nashville was also responsible, were manufactured there. After building and selling the first fifty boats, Bill Peatman sold his share of the company to the partners/investor. In 1974 the company moved to Sunbright, Tennessee (not far from Oak Ridge). Blue Hole canoes were among the first to use ABS ("Royalex") plastic and quickly became the dominant canoe used in the growth of whitewater canoeing in the 1970's. In the mid-80's the remaining founders parted ways, and Roy Guinn joined up with Joe Pulliam to found the Dagger Canoe Company in 1988 in nearby Harriman, Tennessee. By 1990, Dagger had begun producing kayaks in addition to canoes. Since then, their main competitor, Perception, purchased the company and relocated it to Easley, South Carolina. However, at the time Dagger was being started, the name Blue Hole Canoe Company was sold and they were continued to be built for a while in Gordonsville, Virginia. That company closed, and the name was bought by another canoe company, which may produce them again at some point in the future. However, the legendary Royalex material is NOT being produced any longer. Canoe makers have been scrambling ever since to find a suitable replacement. The new T-Formex is a promising material but has not been proven and the canoes being produced are priced north of $2,500.
Text/Call me (5 0 one) – 5 eight 1 – 8 one 4 two {{{{ THIS BOAT IS SOLD }}}}
Attachments
IMG_E2780.JPG
IMG_E2776.JPG
IMG_E2775.JPG
IMG_E2774.JPG
IMG_E2773.JPG
IMG_E2772.JPG

Social Media