Done Paddling...Need Info

Post paddling related items for sale here or items you are looking for.
Commercial Members feel free to post your sale items here as well.

Paddlegal
Name: paddlegal

Done Paddling...Need Info

Post by Paddlegal » Thu Oct 03, 2019 8:50 am

I'm posting here because I do not use facebook. Contact me only at thepaddlegal@gmail.com.

I'll be 70 in a few days and I sold my boat and big tent last year. I have a closet full of camping gear that has very little resale value and frankly, I don't want to be troubled trying to sell it.

Does anyone know a needy family, most especially with kids, who needs outfitting? You name it, I've got it to give away. Stove, Kitchen, coolers, tent, chairs, (no sleeping bags), etc., etc. My son is not interested in camping at all, so I'd like to donate this stuff to someone who doesn't have the monetary resources to buy stuff.

I'd also like the reply(er) to be willing to dig through my closet and haul this stuff away and that includes not leaving my closet in a mess when you're done!! I know I'm asking a lot but the reward is worth it, no?

I'm pretty weak due to physical limitations (COPD, high BP, diabetes type II, heart probs, arthritis, etc., etc.) so I'm not willing to exert myself to organize all this stuff. Getting old is a bi**h but I have to say my mature years of life were the best I ever experienced in my lifetime and enhanced by you people and the water. Most especially my mentors the Krugers.

I want to thank you all so much for the happiest times of my life (Gooshy eh?) and I look forward to hearing from someone flexible enough to fulfill my conditions to move this stuff.
I've felt the touch of healing hands, neath the willow trees and birch, cause the water's my religion, and the river is my church. Kenny

Jim Krueger

Re: Done Paddling...Need Info

Post by Jim Krueger » Fri Oct 04, 2019 9:07 pm

My friend, Connie, and I have paddled many miles together over the years. I wish I could share some of the pictures I have of Connie running rapids on the Buffalo or the Upper Caddo, or some of our lake trips, or some of the camping scenes when she and Marlo and I, and other friends were afield.
If you know of someone needing some gear, please let her know. After being a member of the canoe club myself for twenty-five years or so, much of my camping gear is also dated, but cleaned and in the closet for another go-around for someone else to maybe enjoy one day.

Best Regards
Jim Moose

torpedo
Name: Toby Von Rembow

Post by torpedo » Thu Oct 10, 2019 10:32 pm

Hello,

I'm not exactly sure of a family that would be in need of paddling gear off the top of my head but I do have a lot of friends that enjoy getting out on the water and on the trail. Where are you located?

Thanks,

Toby

Paddlegal

Post by Paddlegal » Fri Oct 11, 2019 4:39 am

Toby,

I'm in Jacksonville, just north of Little Rock. Let me state again, this is camping (not river) gear, for someone staying on a campground for a length of time.

A folding 'kitchen', 2 burner stove, etc., etc.
I've felt the touch of healing hands, neath the willow trees and birch, cause the water's my religion, and the river is my church. Kenny

Paddlegal

Post by Paddlegal » Sat Oct 12, 2019 1:36 pm

Ignore this post please. My son has just become a scout leader, :crazy:

Social Media