{{{ SOLD }}} BLUE HOLE STARBURST CANOE $1,200 {{{{ SOLD }}}}

Post paddling related items for sale here or items you are looking for.
Commercial Members feel free to post your sale items here as well.

Lorne
Name: Lorne

{{{ SOLD }}} BLUE HOLE STARBURST CANOE $1,200 {{{{ SOLD }}}}

Post by Lorne » Thu Jan 25, 2018 11:59 am

{{{{{{{{{{{[ THIS CANOE IS SOLD }}}}}}}}}}}

Blue Hole Starburst tandem whitewater tripping canoe for sale. Blue with aluminum gunwales with molded plastic and lowered seats out of an Old Town Discovery. This canoe is comparable to the Esquif Canyon and the Old Town Appalachian. In fact, I think the Esquif Canyon and Old Town Appalachian are deliberate attempts to mimic the Starburst. It's a class III tripping canoe designed by Steve Scarborough that does not sacrifice flatwater speed. (unlike the Dagger Dimension) It's faster than an Old Town Tripper or 17' Grumman and from what I read, it's faster and drier than the Canyon. It's a rounded bottom canoe with a significant amount of rocker so it spins nicely and handles well in whitewater. It's the boat I choose for multi-day trips up to class III rapids. It's a 1986 boat still in very good condition. Doubtful that you will find another Blue Hole Canoe in this great of shape. Practically zero percent of the vinyl outer layer has been worn off. I’ve replaced all the old decals with new ones that I feel are of better quality and more durable than the old ones installed by Blue Hole. This boat is a survivor! A true barn find! I am only selling it because my collection of boats is getting out of hand and I need to thin the herd. I know that my asking price might seem high at first, but I know how valuable these old royalex boats are, especially in this great of shape! T-Formex is the new invention to replace royalex in the canoe industry and who knows how well it will hold up. However, we all know how the royalex performs! And the new T-Formex boats retail for $2,000! I think this boat is well worth the price. Happy Paddling to you all!

Boat Type: OC2
Boat Length: 16'6"
Manufacturer: Blue Hole – Sunbright, Tennessee
Boat Width: 34"
Designer: Steve Scarborough
Year: 1986
Boat Weight: 75lbs
Material: Royalex (ABS)
Boat Category: Rec reational
Primary Use: River running
Secondary Use: Depth: 15"
Attachments