Selling after shoulder surgery, boat and all gear

Post paddling related items for sale here or items you are looking for.
Commercial Members feel free to post your sale items here as well.

G George
Name: george

Selling after shoulder surgery, boat and all gear

Post by G George » Tue Oct 06, 2015 6:31 pm

Had shoulder surgery so i need to get these on to a good home.
this first column is new never been in the water or used in any way.
Dagger Green boat with NRS floatation /storage bags front and rear, AB carbon shred 202 cm r control 30 degree offset, seals pro shocker neoprene skirt,NRS compact throw bag, NRS helmet xl with go pro mount, and :o Hi-n-Dry rolling aid. All in all spent around 1600.00 after tax and shipping.....$1000.00 as a package or best offer.

I have a Kokatat mango color GMER XL dry suit with polar fleece liner and kokatat installed size 14 socks, and new gaskets, used 1 time, stored in my basement in a dry barrel paid $1150.00 plus tax and shipping $850.00 or best offer

I also am selling these used items
1 seals pro shocker neoprene skirt 1.7 $80.00
1 Seals mariner spray skirt 1.7 $80.00
1 new NRS paddle float $20.00
2 used seals storage/travel covers 1.7 $20.00 each

calls only as i am not online much right now.
George
417-nine9three-four9five9

okieboater
Name: David L. Reid

Re: Selling after shoulder surgery, boat and all gear

Post by okieboater » Tue Oct 06, 2015 8:38 pm

George,

Sorry that I have not had the opportunity to boat with you.

I two have experienced injury and had to sell off rafts and related boating gear. It is not a fun experience.

Best wishes from a fellow boater going out to you as you go through rehab.

dave reid
Okieboater AKA Dave Reid

We are not sure when childhood ends and adulthood begins.

We are sure that when retirement begins, childhood restarts

G George

Post by G George » Wed Oct 07, 2015 5:56 pm

Thanks Dave. I wish i had gotten a " roundtuit" earlier in my life.
We went to the Buffalo at 250 cfs.
I pulled a friend's boat off the 2 big rocks just below ponca access, had not been on the water 5 minutes and he pinned against the 2 rocks and swam to shore and i caught the eddie then maneuvered up and used my left arm to pull the 17 foot pungo off the rocks while keeping my boat (Prijon Yukon Expedition) under control and injured my shoulder, and it spiraled down from there
Had a torn muscle, torn rotator, a bone spur, and a bunch of arthritis cleaned out.
After the surgery the surgeon said it's one of the most painful surgery one could have.

Moderator; delete pics if you deem too graphic. Thanks too all George
P.S. Take care of your shoulders :kayak:

okieboater

Post by okieboater » Wed Oct 07, 2015 7:51 pm

George,

Thanks for sharing.

I knew there had to be an interesting story behind your original post.

Good advice on taking care of shoulders and I will extend that to other body parts as well.

I hope after proper rehab and passing of time you and your Doctor can figure out other ways for you to get out and enjoy time on the water. That Prijon Yukon is one heck of a fine craft. However, IK's can give us a lot of fun when properly outfitted. Not as performance oriented as the hard shelled, but a pretty comfy and fun ride.

Best wishes for a good rehab

dave reid
Okieboater AKA Dave Reid

hop
Name: Daryl Hopper

Post by hop » Thu Oct 08, 2015 10:24 am

George, for what it's worth, I have that exact scar. I belly slid into home plate and into the catcher...catcher didn't move, and the cuff and muscle did...and not in a good way. Due to lack of insurance at the time, I dealt with not being able to lift my arm for several days, then it got better (but still with pain). Lived with it for several years (due to the horror stories I heard about cuff surgery) until it got so bad I couldn't use it, and had the surgery. Drilled anchors into the bone, pulled the muscle and cuff over and attached it, etc. Took about a year to get full use out of it. It's been perfect ever since. You may be upset this time next year, and wish you still had the boat and gear.

Additionally, 2 years ago I had my other (left) shoulder worked on due to a mishap falling off of a ladder. It was fixed laparoscopically. Rehab was much quicker, but it still doesn't feel as strong as the other (right), and I don't trust it as much.

Deuce
ACC President
Name: Luke Coop

Post by Deuce » Thu Oct 08, 2015 10:42 am

I agree that you might want to hold off on the mass divestment for a bit. Shoulder repairs can have very good outcomes and you may regret getting rid of your paddling gear.
You come too.
Robert Frost

okieboater

Post by okieboater » Fri Oct 09, 2015 12:38 pm

George,

Deuce, in my opinion, has made a very good observation about injury and recovery.

I can only give real feed back on my personal situation.

When the injuries I have encountered reached a certain stage, I had to get rid of certain gear items just to take the attraction away.

The 18 ft Cat and 14 plus ft self bailer got sold to a person who I knew would use them well. At that time every one thought my rowing days were over. However work with Jack at JPW down in NM, I am now the proud owner of a modified JPW Cutthroat mini cat boat. No desire to row the big stuff like the Grand Canyon - but am doing 'reasonable' fun type multi day western river trips. No way I can do the hike ins to steep creeks or squirt boat mystery moves so those attractions are gone as well. The accidents kept going and I was told kayaking was dangerous to my health. But, after a lot of work on rehab and Doctor consultation I am back on 'reasonable' runs in my remix 79 (out of 9 hardshells I kept this one) IK's and canoe over nights again on 'reasonable' rivers.

Do not let me talk you into something that might do more injuries. But, my experience shows me that even after major injuries, with proper Doctor advice, Physical Therapy help (really key) and in my case lots of support from friends and family plus using what for me is called 'common sense' floats ---- I am back on the rivers just as my wife sez 'you are back running rivers just differently'. I freely admit my idea of common sense river trips has been called into question. So you have to figure that out.

Bottom line, ole Deuce has good advice I think. Just use doctor and physical therapist guidance and use common sense to decide your river trips and related craft of choice.

For what it is worth.

Best wishes to you and your family as you rehab from your injury.

dave reid
Okieboater AKA Dave Reid

G George

Post by G George » Mon Oct 19, 2015 6:37 pm

Thanks to everyone who responded!!!
I am getting better slowly, but still am going to sell gear.
Wife says pick 2 and let the rest go.... so any offers on a bunch of new gear??
The price on the boat package is basically what the boat cost alone.
I have 5 bad discs that are getting worse, coupled with the rotator cuff surgery, and the wife died 3 times getting to the hospital when she had 3 100% blocked arteries, 15 days in ICU and a year recovering we could really use the money :crazy: :crossed: .

So any reasonable offer will be considered.
Thanks to all!! George

Also i have a footpeg adjustment kit, and a new padded backband.
Paid 45.00 for the footpeg kit, and 60.00 for thr backband.
30.00 for peg kit, and 40.00 for backband.

Social Media