Looking for a good Kayak

Post paddling related items for sale here or items you are looking for.
Commercial Members feel free to post your sale items here as well.
Hiruki
Name: James

Looking for a good Kayak

Post by Hiruki » Sun Apr 26, 2015 1:17 pm

Hello, I'm looking for a newer Kayak (like Ascend). Please let me know what you have, and please send or attach pictures! Thank you! (916) 869-8496 - James.

RobM
Name: Rob

Re: Looking for a good Kayak

Post by RobM » Sun Apr 26, 2015 7:03 pm

What are you planning on paddling with the kayak? Lake , slow rivers or white water?
See ya on the water,
Rob

Hiruki

Post by Hiruki » Mon Apr 27, 2015 1:09 pm

It would most likely be for slow river/lakes for fishing. So I'm looking for a Ascend kind of kayak. A D10 or maybe higher?

Barry Thomas
Name: Barry Thomas

Post by Barry Thomas » Mon Apr 27, 2015 2:10 pm

Depending on where you live.....Tulsa Kayak, Ouachita Outdoor, Ozark Mountain Trading Co, and possibly several other shops in the area regularly sell used kayaks in great shape. You might call whichever is closest to you and let them know what you are looking for.

Hiruki

Post by Hiruki » Sat May 02, 2015 11:18 am

Thank you! I'll give some calls today, I live in Searcy so I have a limited selection lol

RiverRummer
Name: BUH

Post by RiverRummer » Sun May 03, 2015 10:50 pm

Are you looking for a sit on top? or a sit in? ascend has D10 in both styles, and not sure which style your looking for.
I would recommend the sit in style, more versatile and good year round. For most folks, sit on top's are only good in summer. I use a Dagger Axis 12 ft. good for fishing, day trips and multiday trips. And when the weather turns cooler or if it rains, I can put the nylon skirt on. and the drop down skeg really helps tracking straight on open water on a windy day.

RobM
Name: Rob

Post by RobM » Mon May 04, 2015 12:06 pm

I have a tarpon 120 sit on top. Also a Jackson kusa sit on top. Both are excellent on slower rivers & lakes for fishing. I paddle a lot of white water & a lot of rec floats. So I'm not against sit in kayaks at all. In fact most the time that is what I paddle yet when I'm in a sit in I'm on white water, rolling or just playing on waves. If I fish or when I fished a lot year around , I would be on a tarpon sit on top. The Jackson kusa is even more stable & your a lot higher off the water. For fishing I'd go with a nice stable sit on top. Yet test them out first. A lot of cheaper boats are not worth the money because they don't last or very flimsy. Buying used is always the best. I can only speak for the tarpon & the kusa though as being a great kayak for rec boating or fishing.
See ya on the water,
Rob

WPC
Name: Diane

Post by WPC » Mon May 04, 2015 1:01 pm

I have a Wilderness Tarpon 100 (10') sit on top for sale. Let me know if you are interested in photos or more details.

Diane Massey
254-715-6173 cell

Dannyboy
Name: Danny

Post by Dannyboy » Wed May 06, 2015 2:26 pm

+1 on the WS Tarpons. I have the 100 and the 120 Angler and wouldn't sell for twice what I paid. Absolute cadillacs on the Buffalo, Caddo, White, etc..

Diane MAssey - Do you have pics? What is your asking price? I have a friend VERY interested if the OP doesn't take it..
"Never Argue with an idiot - they'll just bring you down to their level and beat you with experience"
- Corran Addison

WPC
Name: Diane

Post by WPC » Wed May 06, 2015 4:46 pm

SOLD I am asking $600. It is a 2014 Lime Green Wilderness Tarpon 100. It would cost approx. $775 (including tax) if purchased new. It has been in the water (flat-water lakes only) less than 10 times. It's a great kayak, but I don't use it anymore and want to purchase a SUP.

I will be at the River School on the Spring River the 1st weekend of June so I can bring it if anyone is interested in it.

Diane Massey
254-715-6173 cell

I have additional pictures. Send me a text if interested,
Attachments
IMG_0589.JPG
Last edited by WPC on Tue Jun 30, 2015 3:19 pm, edited 1 time in total.

docandet
Name: docandet

Post by docandet » Thu May 07, 2015 8:15 am

I have a Dagger Axis 10.5 crossover. 1.5 years old. $600. Text me for pics. I can't figure out how to attach. 318-936-1130

Deuce
ACC President
Name: Luke Coop

Post by Deuce » Thu May 07, 2015 8:23 am

James, I don't have a dog in this hunt, but I would like to point out a few things.

1. I know Diane, and if she says that Tarpon is like new it's like new.
2. You'd be much happier with a Tarpon than with an Ascend.
3. Ms. Diane will go right through Searcy on the way to River School, so if you decide to buy her boat she can meet you minutes from your house.
You come too.
Robert Frost

Tim Eubanks

Post by Tim Eubanks » Thu May 07, 2015 3:20 pm

James
Check out these guys. Just off the square in Searcy.

http://www.beyondboundariesoa.com/" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

Hiruki

Post by Hiruki » Thu Jul 30, 2015 2:49 pm

Hi guys, sorry I haven't replied. I never check the website. I'm still looking for a good kayak but please send all pictures to the cell phone number posted or I may not ever see it :(

Jim Krueger

Post by Jim Krueger » Thu Jul 30, 2015 8:00 pm

James,

I think you have had some good suggestions thus far. I was looking back on this 'For Sale' page and see a Dagger Zydeco 11' that Huntark03 had mentioned for sale earlier in July, and an Axis for sale by Docandet Looks like they may or may not still be there. Check back when you can. Good luck.

Best Regards
Jim

Social Media