Advice on Inflatable SUP

Post paddling related items for sale here or items you are looking for.
Commercial Members feel free to post your sale items here as well.

WPC
Name: Diane

Advice on Inflatable SUP

Post by WPC » Tue Apr 14, 2015 3:14 pm

I am looking to buy an inflatable that would be used on flat-water lakes (windy) and rivers. Any advice is welcome.
Diane

RobM
Name: Rob

Re: Advice on Inflatable SUP

Post by RobM » Wed Apr 15, 2015 2:19 pm

I have a nrs Czar & I like it a lot . Mostly I use it at the SSKP & playing around on it at the lake. No touring flat water though. I have also took it down the elk last year & it worked great for me. It comes with interchangeable fins too.
See ya on the water,
Rob

carolinehardin
Name: Caroline

Post by carolinehardin » Sun May 03, 2015 6:14 pm

I have an NRS Big Baron inflatable SUP that I'm thinking of selling. It's wide so it's super stable, I even fish from it on the rivers. Use it on the lake for exercise too. If you are interested I can send you pictures. I'm thinking $500.

Larry Pearce

Post by Larry Pearce » Mon May 04, 2015 9:47 am

Diane, I just finished helping John Pearce teach the SUP class at the SWWP. We had 5 different boards available--NRS Big Baron, Badfish Board Works MCIT, C4 Waterman, Sevylor Samoa, Red Paddle Co.'s 10' 6" Ride and the NRS Czar 6 that Rob mentioned. All the boards perform well on running rivers once you have learned the necessary skills. The wider the board the more stable it is. Check out the weight ratings for the board you buy. The Badfish has 3 chambers instead of 1. It has two chambers on either side that don't have drop stitching. These chambers blow up round to a much lower pressure (7 psi) and add some performance features that the other flat boards don't have. I think any of these boards work on rivers up to class 2 and for flat water paddling. Please feel free to contact me or John if we can be of any help. Larry

Larry Pearce

Post by Larry Pearce » Mon May 04, 2015 9:54 am

I didn't recheck my count. We had 6 boards, now 5. Larry

WPC

Post by WPC » Mon May 04, 2015 12:59 pm

Thanks for the info. I'm sure I may have more questions later. I hope to demo a few in the next month or so.

Diane

WPC

Post by WPC » Wed May 06, 2015 4:57 pm

carolinehardin wrote:I have an NRS Big Baron inflatable SUP that I'm thinking of selling. It's wide so it's super stable, I even fish from it on the rivers. Use it on the lake for exercise too. If you are interested I can send you pictures. I'm thinking $500.

Does it come with paddle, carry bag and pump?
Please send pictures.
254-715-6173 cell or wacopaddleclub@gmail.com

Social Media