Raft pump

Post paddling related items for sale here or items you are looking for.
Commercial Members feel free to post your sale items here as well.

paris
Name: brad weemes

Raft pump

Post by paris » Fri Mar 13, 2015 10:23 am

I'm looking for an electric pump I can plug in the 110 outlet on my jeep. Does any make on that is 1.25amps or less?

sig
Name: Bryan

Re: Raft pump

Post by sig » Fri Mar 13, 2015 12:37 pm

Lots of 12v pumps out there that you can attach to your battery too. Nice to have both options when shopping.
Bryan Signorelli

okieboater
Name: David L. Reid

Post by okieboater » Fri Mar 13, 2015 12:46 pm

http://electricraftpumps.com/" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

The big red mastercraft 110 plug in is the standard to judge all other plug in raft inflation.

One of my rafting buds has one and along with one of the suitcase sized honda generators has become the most liked person at any raft putin soon as that Big Red starts up.
Okieboater AKA Dave Reid

We are not sure when childhood ends and adulthood begins.

We are sure that when retirement begins, childhood restarts

paddledog

Post by paddledog » Fri Mar 13, 2015 1:59 pm

I have been using a gas powered leaf blower.
Kinda loud but only for a few min.
It has the leaf vacuum attachment for draw down........
Fighting for peace........
Isn't that like screaming for quiet?

http://www.Paddledog.com" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

hdh
Name: Harlan

Post by hdh » Fri Mar 13, 2015 3:06 pm

we got a coleman from walmart
Harlan Dickson Hughes.....If you fly with the buzzards at night, you got to soar with the eagles in the morning!!!!!!

Deuce
ACC President
Name: Luke Coop

Post by Deuce » Fri Mar 13, 2015 3:18 pm

The cheapie air mattress pumps actually work pretty well provided you don't let them get hot. Of course a top off is required via manual pump but the 12v pump will get it mostly inflated. The Boat People sell a little 110 volt Bravo pump that's pretty nice. Not sure about the amperage but it's only $69. My buddy Paul has one and I like it.
You come too.
Robert Frost

Tim Eubanks

Post by Tim Eubanks » Fri Mar 13, 2015 3:35 pm

I can blow up my 14' raft with a fully charged Coleman rechargable. Always take a 12v DC that runs off battery just in case. Both require top off, but you'd want that with you anyway just in case.

Have used a hand-held vacuum cleaner a time or two, just reverse the hose to out put.

Crane

Post by Crane » Tue Mar 17, 2015 11:23 am

Coleman rechargeable plus top-off...
Crane

magicmike
Name: Mike

Post by magicmike » Tue Mar 17, 2015 1:58 pm

There's always the old "Dizzy Gillespie"-M- :grin:
Attachments
Screenshot_2015-03-17-13-53-49.png
"Whenever you find yourself on the side of the majority,it's time to pause and reflect".

magicmike
Name: Mike

Post by magicmike » Tue Mar 17, 2015 4:37 pm

"SALT PEANUTS"...."SALT PEANUTS"!
"Whenever you find yourself on the side of the majority,it's time to pause and reflect".

Jetlab67
Name: Paul

Post by Jetlab67 » Thu Mar 19, 2015 9:28 am

bravo ov4.jpg
I use the Bravo 110V OV4 with factory invertor/plug on my Toyota Tacoma. It takes my Super Puma right up to nearly 2psi where I top off with hand pump. Hose reverses for quick deflation.

http://www.theboatpeople.com/pumps/brav ... r-2-p.s.i/

From TBP site:

We've been very pleased with this Bravo 110 volt OV4 inflator 2 p.s.i., using it often ourselves (on an almost daily basis lately).

This small but mighty electric inflator has turned out to work great in our shop (we've been using two of them fairly heavily) after almost two years of testing with no problems at all. The Bravo / Scoprega OV4 is a 110 volt unit that is rated at 2.2 pounds per square inch, though as with all electrics we always downgrade the pressure rating a bit. It does seem to put out an honest 1.9 to 2 p.s.i. though. This is actually a bit more than our "Big Red" Mastercraft pump. You should always use electric pumps with your valves in the open position (unless your boat has Boston valves) to start, and with the OV4 only close the valves at the end. This unit has enough pressure to blow through most one-way valves after you "close" them, but you will only get a little more air in each valve this way. The spring on Summit II valves is so strong that the OV4 can barely overpower it in the valve's closed mode, so if you have an AIRE Tributary kayak keep that in mind. This is true of all electric inflators except for the Bravo "12" series.

All electric pumps are dicey in terms of warranty service. The OV4 manufacturer expects the dealers to return defective units to Italy, which is obviously out of the question since the wholesale cost is less than postage to Italy - or probably the retail for that matter. So as with most electrics, we are not implying any warranty on the OV4, however if you ask us we will be happy to test yours before it ships for a few minutes. If you manage to tip the OV4 backward onto it's intake port while it is running, and you happen to be using it in the dirt, you will suck debris into the opening. This is true of any electric though.

As we mentioned, the OV4 actually has more output pressure than the Big Red Mastercrafts, and about the same as the 110 volt Gusto's. Of course it has less volume, but not that much less. It still works for large rafts, though we would give you the same advice as we do with all electrics (except the Mastercraft): don't run it more than ten minutes! Even the big Gusto, which is almost double the price, will blow it's internal protection breaker after 12 to 15 minutes, especially on a hot day. We have been using the OV4 mostly to blow up inflatable kayaks, and it's been terrific for that.

The unit has a relatively stable little pair of feet, keeping it off the ground. If you tug on the hose however, this one or the Gusto 110 volt can be knocked over. And on the subject of hoses, like our Bravo 12, the OV4 has a low quality plastic one. Plan on replacing it with some old garden hose at some point. Full fittings are included, however, there is no twist-in Halkey or Summit adapter so if your boat didn't come with one you may need to purchase that separately. Valve adapters can be found in our repair section. Normally you do not operate this pump with your valves closed anyway, so you don't really need a tight fitting for electrics. For most boats you should still plan on using a top off pump just a bit after the OV4 has done it's thing.

Note that as of 2015, we are also carrying a bigger, more powerful (higher output and pressure) version of this pump called the OV10. It is listed in this section of our site.
Paul Smith

Getting lost is never a waste of time - Jack Johnson

Social Media