GRUMMAN CANOE INTERNAL REPAIR RIBS

Post paddling related items for sale here or items you are looking for.
Commercial Members feel free to post your sale items here as well.

Bullwinkle

GRUMMAN CANOE INTERNAL REPAIR RIBS

Post by Bullwinkle » Sun Jan 11, 2015 2:26 pm

I've got quite a handful of leftover items from the Chicagoland Canoe Base inventory closeout last year. Included are a stash of NOS Grumman canoe ribs in case you have wrapped you old alumilux around a rock or something else tragic has happened to the hull. There's like 10 center ribs for the 17' model another 7 or 8 ribs for the bow/stern section, a few ribs for the 18' boat and a few for the 15' boat. Also a end cap piece for the 18 and 15'ers. There's a home made aluminum bar style foot brace in the mix too. $5 each for any or all of the above. Eventually they'll go on ebay.

There's also a rather large selection of used spray skirts for the 1.7 rims and even a couple olderskirts for the really old designs. Also some nylon skirts for the recreational boats(Wilderness systems etc) that originally were like over $100 a pop, these are still new and going for only $20 each. Trust me, there's way more than $20 worth of coated nylon in these skirts if you had another project in mind.

Also some Royalex deck plates likely off a Mad River wood gunwaled canoe, but useful for repairs or replacing existing plates. $5 a pop on these, likely have 6 or 8 of them in a few different colors.

Also a large box full of old river books. Most are soft covers and have a wide range of areas of the US iin which they cover. Eventually they'll hit the ebay fray as well.

There's also some extra thigh hooks from some of the 90's intage perception and Dagger kayaks...again $5 each.

A couple breakdown Mohawk really long kayak paddles that will go for $20 each and a few 'extensions and maybe one T grip that converts half of the kayak paddle into a canoe paddle. Also few NRS small wet suit booties in sizes 40-6. Good for the kids this spring. $10 each.

Can't guarantee that I'll check the website daily for responses, but my phone number is 319-277-5945 and the email is dimwittedmoose@cfu.net. Thanks for looking.....
I have a CD Burner.....it's my fireplace.
I haven't had to shovel snow once this winter, since I got my new flamethrower.

datsevlu
Name: David

Re: GRUMMAN CANOE INTERNAL REPAIR RIBS

Post by datsevlu » Wed Mar 11, 2015 5:17 am

BSA uses these Canoes for their Ntier high adventure camp, you might want to contact them I am sure they would love to have more spare parts.
--David

Shark Attack

Post by Shark Attack » Tue Mar 17, 2015 6:06 pm

I'm interested in the deck plates! How can I get them? I'm in the Central Arkansas area & in LR several times a week.
Wes

Bullwinkle

Post by Bullwinkle » Tue Mar 17, 2015 10:01 pm

Wes, the deck plates llikely came off an old town, but the shape is very similar. I'll round up what I have. Did you only need one pair??

Max

Shark Attack

Post by Shark Attack » Wed Mar 18, 2015 3:22 pm

Yes
Wes

Bullwinkle

Post by Bullwinkle » Wed Mar 18, 2015 3:56 pm

The paypal address is dimwittedmoose@cfu.net. Figure $8 for shiping, I'l lrefund any excess...and send me your address!!

Max

Shark Attack

Post by Shark Attack » Thu Mar 19, 2015 10:22 pm

I don't paypal & won't pay shipping.
Wes

Bullwinkle

Post by Bullwinkle » Fri Mar 20, 2015 2:40 am

That's fine, couldn't tell you when my next trip to AR will be, but 2015 isn't looking promising.....lol

Max

Randy C
Name: Randy C

Post by Randy C » Tue Mar 22, 2016 9:22 pm

Do you still have any of the Grumman replacement ribs for a 17 foot aluminum canoe?
Thanks
Randy C

Bullwinkle

Post by Bullwinkle » Wed Mar 23, 2016 11:45 am

Randy, I sold the entire enchilada to a guy named John Hecht in Louisiana. If you know him, he might be willing to part with some of them. I have ONE generic aluminum rib for anon-specific aluminum canoe with no holes drilled in it. Not sure who made it or for what size canoe, but I'd let it go. Next time I run across it, I could measure its length or photograph it and send it to you if I had an email address.

Max

Bullwinkle

Post by Bullwinkle » Fri Sep 14, 2018 4:52 am

Hi folks. Thought I better update the inventory from the CCB stuff. All the canoe ribs are now gone, as are the old thigh hooks.
The 1.7 skirts are still here, but deteriorating with the storage years. I do still have several of the 7-10' long Wilderness Systems spray skirts for the recreational kayaks and that's about it.

DM&FS

Social Media