Kokatat GMER Medium drysuit for cheap

Post paddling related items for sale here or items you are looking for.
Commercial Members feel free to post your sale items here as well.

ShayA
Name: Shay

Kokatat GMER Medium drysuit for cheap

Post by ShayA » Mon Feb 10, 2014 3:32 pm

Just a heads up if anyone is looking for a good deal on a GMER this guy at Alaska Kayak School is a dealer and often gets cosmetic blems discounted from Kokatat. http://boatertalk.com/gear/gear-detail.php?gid=75415" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

I just bought a new GMER from him a couple weeks ago. New with tags and full warranty from Kokatat. Tag from Kokatat says there is a cosmetic blem (wrinkle) on the leg and has a diagram but I cannot even see it. He shipped for free too.

Gtombridge
Name: Gary

Re: Kokatat GMER Medium drysuit for cheap

Post by Gtombridge » Mon Feb 10, 2014 4:02 pm

I too contacted him regarding a suit. I spoke with him on the phone and he was very helpful, and can save a person some bucks. Runs an ocean kayaking school up in Alaska, so he should know his drysuits.

Deuce
ACC President
Name: Luke Coop

Post by Deuce » Tue Feb 11, 2014 9:30 am

I've always heard good things about him. He had a Supernova listed for I think $400 buy it now or make offer. All my offers were automatically rejected but I included a message on the last one and he responded very graciously telling me the least he could take for it and explaining why. I ultimately decided it would be more prudent in the long run to get a GFER and sent him an email in case he was holding the Supernova for me. He responded that I made the right decision and told me to enjoy the swims. He has some good used suits too and backs them up with a very strong personal warranty policy. I was about to order one but I stumbled across a like new one from a private individual and bought it.
You come too.
Robert Frost

ShayA

Post by ShayA » Tue Feb 11, 2014 9:35 am

Yes I spoke with him a couple of times before I bought the suit. Very nice guy. He also has an eBay site and looks like he has listed more new suits. http://www.ebay.com/sch/akkayakschool/m ... pg=&_from=" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

Ouachitoff
Name: Chris H

Post by Ouachitoff » Tue Feb 11, 2014 9:37 am

Deuce wrote:told me to enjoy the swims. .
:grin:
A smooth sea never made a skillful sailor.
- English proverb

happy happy happy
Name: Grant Howe

Post by happy happy happy » Thu Feb 13, 2014 12:25 pm

Did you have any tax to pay on a suit from these places, save a few bucks and if needed will they help with contacting kokatat if a problem needs to be taken care of?

ShayA

Post by ShayA » Thu Feb 13, 2014 12:43 pm

happy happy happy wrote:Did you have any tax to pay on a suit from these places, save a few bucks and if needed will they help with contacting kokatat if a problem needs to be taken care of?

No tax. This guy is a Kokatat dealer but if you have warranty issues you just go to Kokatat direct. My suit came with all the tags and warranty.

Deuce
ACC President
Name: Luke Coop

Post by Deuce » Thu Feb 13, 2014 2:47 pm

ShayA wrote:
happy happy happy wrote:Did you have any tax to pay on a suit from these places, save a few bucks and if needed will they help with contacting kokatat if a problem needs to be taken care of?

No tax. This guy is a Kokatat dealer but if you have warranty issues you just go to Kokatat direct. My suit came with all the tags and warranty.
Happy, my post may have confused you a bit. When I referred to his "private warranty" I was only talking about used dry suits. Since those aren't covered under Kokatat's warranty (at least not officially, though I've heard unverified tales of Kokatat honoring their warranty even on suits bought second hand) he provides his own limited warranty on them. Stand up thing to do IMO.
You come too.
Robert Frost

Social Media