Sit-On-Top River Kayak

Post paddling related items for sale here or items you are looking for.
Commercial Members feel free to post your sale items here as well.

kingpin

Sit-On-Top River Kayak

Post by kingpin » Wed Apr 06, 2011 4:13 pm

I'm looking for a hot pink or pink sit-on-top kayak.

Thanks

Edgar
Name: Edgar

Re: Sit-On-Top River Kayak

Post by Edgar » Thu Apr 07, 2011 4:15 am

I have a red one and the bottom has faded to a dark pink, would that do? :D

kingpin

Post by kingpin » Thu Apr 07, 2011 9:00 am

Ha! Thank you. I'm sure it's a great boat, but it's not really what I'm looking for. It has to be totally pink, preferrably hot pink. It's for a friend....

I appreciate the offer, though.

Louiscov
Name: Louis Covington

Post by Louiscov » Thu Apr 07, 2011 3:06 pm

kingpin wrote:Ha! Thank you. I'm sure it's a great boat, but it's not really what I'm looking for. It has to be totally pink, preferrably hot pink. It's for a friend....

I appreciate the offer, though.
Something like this?

http://www.oceankayak.com/images/kayaks ... n11_L5.jpg" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

From Ocean Kayak:

http://www.oceankayak.com/kayaks/single ... us_11.html" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

With these reviews:

http://www.paddling.net/Reviews/showRev ... ?prod=1993" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

I've met a couple of ladies who use them and they love them for warmer weather boats. Definitely could be used on rivers like the Buffalo, Caddo, Ouachita, Spring, mid/lower Mulberry when not too high, etc. Only 40 lbs, and 1% of sales donated to breast cancer research. Now available in "fuscia swirl" and just might make "a friend" very happy :D :

http://www.rei.com/product/817813" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
"There is nothing- absolutely nothing- half so much worth doing as simply messing about in boats." Wind In the Willows

"I am haunted by waters." A River Runs Through It

louis covington

RandyJ
Name: Randy Jackson

Post by RandyJ » Thu Apr 07, 2011 9:47 pm

Bet you'd be much happier w/ a Jackson Riviera SOT, and at about $150 less than the Ocean kayak. Pink is special order, but available. It may not look like much but this boat will surprise you. VERY comfortable, stable, easy to paddle. ANYONE can jump in/on the Riviera and have a fun, low-stress day on the water. I have one - like it, wife likes it, and she's not a boater.
Let there be rain!

AR-Nimrod
Name: Chris Crawford

Post by AR-Nimrod » Fri Apr 08, 2011 7:39 am

Saw a girl on the Cadron a few years back that had one of those Pink Ocean Kayaks. She put her friend in her Torrent and she paddled the OK. We talked to them at the take out under the 65 bridge and she said she hated it for a river kayak. Asked us if we wanted to buy it. OK's have a rather large keel and it apparently like to find rocks...
Chris Crawford

Some people don't know, what they don't know.....

kingpin

Post by kingpin » Fri Apr 08, 2011 9:32 am

I suspected that to be the case...about the keel. I do appreciate all of the information and replies. You all have been most helpful. I'll have to check out the Jackson. That is what I paddle and I love it! It's a different style, though.

Thanks again everyone!

AR-Nimrod
Name: Chris Crawford

Post by AR-Nimrod » Fri Apr 08, 2011 10:53 am

You should definitely check out the Liquid Logic Coupe. Has the drop down skeg. Comes with a wheel on the stern for dragging it around and it can be fitted with thigh straps for more serious water. I know that OOO had one last time I was there. No pink but they do make a baby blue one.

http://www.liquidlogickayaks.com/coupe.cfm" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

http://www.liquidlogickayaks.com/coupe_acc.cfm" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
Chris Crawford

Some people don't know, what they don't know.....

Louiscov
Name: Louis Covington

Post by Louiscov » Fri Apr 08, 2011 11:06 am

kingpin wrote:I suspected that to be the case...about the keel. I do appreciate all of the information and replies. You all have been most helpful. I'll have to check out the Jackson. That is what I paddle and I love it! It's a different style, though.

Thanks again everyone!
Please let us know what you get and also what you and your friend think about its performance.
"There is nothing- absolutely nothing- half so much worth doing as simply messing about in boats." Wind In the Willows

"I am haunted by waters." A River Runs Through It

louis covington

kingpin

Post by kingpin » Fri Apr 08, 2011 1:54 pm

Thanks again, Nimrod. You've given me some great options.

Louiscov, I will definitely share my review. I must warn you, though, it may be a while before that happens.

Have a good week-end to you both!

Social Media