SPRING RIVER TRIP SUNDAY, JULY 31ST, 2022

Organize your paddling trips here, or find out about upcoming trips you may want to join
CAPTAIN ALEVE
Name: Mike Coogan

SPRING RIVER TRIP SUNDAY, JULY 31ST, 2022

Post by CAPTAIN ALEVE » Tue Jul 26, 2022 11:07 am

NOTICE: THIS TRIP WAS SET FOR SATURDAY, IT IS NOW SET FOR SUNDAY, JULY 31, 2022, DUE TO A DEATH IN THE FAMILY

Spring River trip this Sunday, July 31st 2022. Dam 3 to Spring River Oaks campground, about 8 miles of Class I-II on the river. Just a day trip. Weather forecast for Mammoth Spring: 85 degrees for the high, overcast, 58% chance of thundershowers. I'll be leaving Little Rock about 8 am from the Colony West shopping center parking lot just east of I-430 on Rodney Parham Road if you want to follow me. Everyone is welcome to join in! Come and frolic in the cool subterranean water that has escaped from the bowels of the Earth.

MEET AT THE OFFICE AT SPRING RIVER OAKS CAMPGROUND We will leave shuttle vehicles at Spring River Oaks campground, so that will be our base of operations. I expect to arrive there between 11:00 and 12:00. After consolidating boats and gear to a few vehicles, we will drive to the Dam 3 Spring River Access (the put-in) and launch. If you are running late, you can meet us at the Dam 3 Access. Bring snacks and plenty to drink. Be prepared for rain by bringing waterproof jackets and pants, umbrellas, etc. We will play the river and move slowly downstream, pausing at interesting places for play or spectating. Bring money, too, since there are a couple of places that sell cold treats along the way. It will be around 6:00 pm when we get to the end of the trip (the take-out) at Spring River Oaks, so plan on this being an all day event. After everyone who left a vehicle at Dam 3 Access arrives at the take-out (Spring River Oaks), we will shuttle the drivers back up to the dam.

The Spring River has lots of small waterfalls and a moderate current. There's plenty of rocks in the river, too. Lots of eddies and small surfing waves are found throughout the 8 miles. See the maps below for how to get to Spring River Oaks Campground. The turn off of Highway 63 occurs near the top of a hill that has a passing lane. If you miss the road, just go another hundred feet and turn where there is a huge gravel area and turn down the road that joins my route. Relax, it will be a fun day. Post here if you are coming. You can text me at 501-681-2314.
Attachments
Spring River Route.jpg
Spring River Route 2A.jpg
PHOTOS: http://www.flickr.com/photos/17863908@N03/sets/" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

More paddling info at http://class2arkansas.com/" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

Social Media