Caddo River Today

Organize your paddling trips here, or find out about upcoming trips you may want to join

Jim Krueger

Caddo River Today

Post by Jim Krueger » Sat Mar 31, 2018 9:51 pm

Several of us had a good trip on the Caddo today from the Narrows down to Glenwood. The water level was probably about 5.75ft. when we put in. There were three different groups of ACC paddlers out there. I was glad to be invited along today, as always, it was very nice to see some older friends as well as meeting some newer ones :D
We had nice water and a very nice dog we met our last stop of the day, the dog swam/ran the last the last three miles down to our take-out in Glenwood despite me saying several times " Bad Dog, No No, Go Home". Happy ending, the dog made it to the take-out before we did and a nice young couple had already called the owner upstream, who was already there. It turns out that the current owner had previously taken her/him in as a stray and attended to all medical and health issues. The owner told me that the young couple wanted to adopt it and just thrilled to carry it home, so all was good.

Best Regards
Jim

Crane

Re: Caddo River Today

Post by Crane » Mon Apr 02, 2018 9:54 am

Great day on the river... great news on the adoption of the dog!! Crane
Crane

Social Media