Spring and Summer Paddling in 2018

Organize your paddling trips here, or find out about upcoming trips you may want to join

Jim Krueger

Spring and Summer Paddling in 2018

Post by Jim Krueger » Mon Jan 08, 2018 6:04 pm

I often run into older people who are certainly old-hands with paddling , or younger people who are very enthusiastic and think canoeing and kayaking is the best thing, and are very interested. I always try to offer them encouragement and information on the ACC website, as well as suggesting the face book platform, which I am less familiar with.
I am certainly looking forward to paddling some trips the Caddo River this Spring when the weather and water are both looking good, and will sure post here when we are going :D . Happy New Year All!
Best Regards
Jim

lalyle

Re: Spring and Summer Paddling in 2018

Post by lalyle » Fri Jan 26, 2018 11:15 pm

Looking forward to getting out there, though vertigo and stamina are still an issue. I think I'm finally up to doing some laid back rec boating on class I-II streams. Driving more than 30 miles/minutes is still problematic, so heads up to anyone close to NLR when the time comes to hit the road and hit the rivers.

If anyone's interested, I've been hanging around Palarm Creek and the Saline at Benton a lot and would sure like to get to know them better via kayak. Both had good flows a couple of days ago and the weather was great. Hoping for some repeats.

Jim Krueger

Re: Spring and Summer Paddling in 2018

Post by Jim Krueger » Sun Jan 28, 2018 9:09 pm

Lee,
I hope to see you on some trips this year! We have made many together over the years, and since I sometimes invite newer paddlers along, I have certainly appreciated your assistance on many occasions :D
If I post a trip , or sign on to someone else's trip post, it will be here if you are interested in coming along. You are welcome to just meet at our place in Benton and ride out and back when you would like.

Best Regards
Jim

Social Media