Little Missouri Friday July 21

Organize your paddling trips here, or find out about upcoming trips you may want to join

Chicago Bob
Name: Bob Tyler

Little Missouri Friday July 21

Post by Chicago Bob » Mon Jul 17, 2017 1:29 pm

Sorry I had to miss Saturdays trip, but I'm back in town and the week is predicted to be HOT HOT HOT. The trip will shuttle at 1 pm from Riverside park 5 miles north of Murfreesboro on Arkansas highway 19. Please post if your coming as it helps with shuttle logistics. We will play our way down the 5 miles of this summertime Arkansas gem and should be off the water by 3:30. BOB

Karla
Name: Karla R.

Re: Little Missouri Friday July 21

Post by Karla » Mon Jul 17, 2017 2:11 pm

I can't go Friday but if you can go Thursday I'll be there. Anyone else for Thursday?

Jim Krueger

Post by Jim Krueger » Mon Jul 17, 2017 7:58 pm

Bob,

I'm glad you are back in town! We missed you and Cowper on the float Saturday. We had a real nice group along on the float, and a good day. I seemed to be out front on this trip, and boy did that feel different. I kept wanting to apologize for not showing my new friend, Alan York, all of the nice micro play spots along the way... I will look forward to you guys back at the helm on this float next time!
As much as I'd like to come on Friday, I better defer this time, I need to cook some of my Aunt Virginia's baked beans for Saturday's Surf&Turf the next day :D

Best Regards
Jim

russellt
Name: Russell

Post by russellt » Mon Jul 17, 2017 11:01 pm

Anyone want to share a ride from or through Hot Springs?

russellt
Name: Russell

Post by russellt » Wed Jul 19, 2017 7:49 pm

I'm planning to go. I have some friends interested but not certain.

Chicago Bob

Post by Chicago Bob » Wed Jul 19, 2017 9:16 pm

I usually stop at O.O,O an hour ams a half before the trip. That would be 11:30 am. I think my friend Mitch may meet-up up with me there. Stop by if your so inclined. I use a gravel short cut that saves at least 10 minutes to the put-in. BOB

Burn238
Name: JC

Post by Burn238 » Wed Jul 19, 2017 10:14 pm

Hi y'all, new to forum. Is this float appropriate for a young (15) floater new to kayaking? She's floated the Dragover twice, the lake twice, and the Caddo once. Water level for river trips was @ minimum float-able level. She has a 10' Pelican sit-in kayak. You-tube videos showing floaters with helmets, has her mom freaking out. Thanks, JC

rouble
ACC Webmaster
Name: Chris

Post by rouble » Wed Jul 19, 2017 10:52 pm

I wouldn't recommend it without a helmet and a decent ability to catch eddies. This is a class II(III) section with continuous current. Swims here aren't great as there is very little shore to get out on to empty your boat because the river is essentially at flood stage when the generators are running and the water runs up into the trees.

Deuce
ACC President
Name: Luke Coop

Post by Deuce » Thu Jul 20, 2017 9:25 am

Burn238 wrote:
Wed Jul 19, 2017 10:14 pm
Hi y'all, new to forum. Is this float appropriate for a young (15) floater new to kayaking? She's floated the Dragover twice, the lake twice, and the Caddo once. Water level for river trips was @ minimum float-able level. She has a 10' Pelican sit-in kayak. You-tube videos showing floaters with helmets, has her mom freaking out. Thanks, JC
Bring her to Surf&Turf Saturday. It's big fun. She'll have the opportunity to boat with some really good paddlers who will be more than happy to show her a few things. You're invited too of course! Here are the deets. http://arkansascanoeclub.com/page-490145
You come too.
Robert Frost

Chicago Bob

Post by Chicago Bob » Fri Jul 21, 2017 8:34 am

The trip is on see you there. I should be there a little after 12:30. Or at OOO at 11:30. BOB

Social Media