Remmel to Rockport Sunday 7/2

Organize your paddling trips here, or find out about upcoming trips you may want to join

AR-Nimrod
Name: Chris Crawford

Remmel to Rockport Sunday 7/2

Post by AR-Nimrod » Sat Jul 01, 2017 7:44 pm

Meeting at the crack of noon at the park to set shuttle.
Chris Crawford

Some people don't know, what they don't know.....

Jim Krueger

Re: Remmel to Rockport Sunday 7/2

Post by Jim Krueger » Sat Jul 01, 2017 10:04 pm

Chris,

I may join you tomorrow, I'll see how things are looking in the morning and post back if I am coming.

Best Regards
Jim

Jim Krueger

Post by Jim Krueger » Sun Jul 02, 2017 7:34 am

The weather looks pretty good today, so I'm in, see you all there.

Jim

Jim Krueger

Post by Jim Krueger » Sun Jul 02, 2017 10:41 pm

What a nice day out there on the Remmel float today! Thanks for posting the trip Chris, and for getting it organized. I so enjoyed seeing old friends and new ones!
Since I am not on face book, or always have current email addresses anymore, it is sometimes difficult to visit with folks, or to thank them for their efforts, but I would really like to thank Sabrina for her help today. She and I were ahead of our group later in the day, just paddling and chatting away naturally, when we had the opportunity to assist a family from Sheridan who had been making the trip in SOT's. but having some problems. One of the family members had broached and lost all of the 'important' things like cell phones, wallet, two pairs of car keys, etc. When we assessed matters further, the most important thing was a family member still clinging to a tree upstream so we started getting the overturned boat to the bank and empty it and to return to the stranded family member upstream.
Later on, I was visiting with the folks down at the ledge and they were so grateful for just a loss of material goods, later on still, when I got back from running shuttle, I visited with the folks again, and they had found their lost items, still wedged in the boat :D Thanks Sabrina! What a day.

Best Regards
Jim

AR-Nimrod
Name: Chris Crawford

Post by AR-Nimrod » Mon Jul 03, 2017 11:23 am

It was indeed a good day. Of course any day you get to paddle with friends is a good day, right? Great weather and a good meal afterwards were just bonuses. Group total was 10, Myself, Andy, Luke, Amber, 3 Elwoods, Sabrina, Cowper and Jim. Luke's GF Amber and my GF Andy have really hit it off. I have the feeling :think: that they will be conspiring against us ;) in the near future. :wht: :whistle: :eh:
Chris Crawford

Some people don't know, what they don't know.....

Social Media