Remmel Dam to Rockport on Sunday The 25th

Organize your paddling trips here, or find out about upcoming trips you may want to join

Jim Krueger

Remmel Dam to Rockport on Sunday The 25th

Post by Jim Krueger » Fri Jun 23, 2017 8:53 pm

The weather looks nice on Sunday, and hot, so I thought I would post to see if any other floaters would care to paddle this section of the Ouachita River. Meeting at the WW Park Boat Ramp at noon sharp to shuttle up to the dam. Interested parties welcome.

Best Regards
Jim

lalyle

Re: Remmel Dam to Rockport on Sunday The 25th

Post by lalyle » Fri Jun 23, 2017 11:02 pm

Thia and I have yet to unload the boats from River School and were thinking about doing so at Remmel Dam this Sunday. However, it would be closer to 1:00 or 2:00.

It's Potluck Sunday and we'd hate to have to choose between a free buffet vs. paddling with Krueger. Sooooo, Jim, if we could have the best of both worlds by pigging out then hitting the river, or . . . if you were to bring the equivalent of a buffet to the river . . . . :poke2:

AR-Nimrod
Name: Chris Crawford

Post by AR-Nimrod » Sat Jun 24, 2017 3:41 pm

Andy and I were thinking about a Sunday run. Had hoped to meet someone at ledge about noon or so to set shuttle. They're shutting the flow down about three lately. A two put on might mean scraping over the ledge or making it a nonstop quick trip.
Chris Crawford

Some people don't know, what they don't know.....

lalyle

Post by lalyle » Sat Jun 24, 2017 5:05 pm

Say whaaaaaaat? I thought they normally start releasing about noon and peak flow hit the ledge about 3:00. Have the milder temps lowered demand for elec?

Jim Krueger

Post by Jim Krueger » Sat Jun 24, 2017 5:26 pm

Lee and Chris,

Thank you both for posting on tomorrows trip! This will be the first trip I've made here this year, I always try and put it off as long as possible because we already float it so much during the Summer when our rain-dependent streams go away for the season. I took a look at the flow-release info. yesterday and wondered about the short release, I presume it's to conserve lake water potential until a bit later on.
Miss Marlo probably won't be with me tomorrow, but I do plan to go and will meet anyone else showing up at noon to shuttle. Lee, I have the most fond memories of attending potluck lunches with my aunt at her church :D If we don't see you tomorrow, we will certainly visit on other trips , including Surf&Turf! It was so good to see you both up on the Spring River this year!

Best Regards
Jim Moose

AR-Nimrod
Name: Chris Crawford

Post by AR-Nimrod » Sat Jun 24, 2017 7:00 pm

Andy, David M. and I will see you noonish tomorrow Jim.
Chris Crawford

Some people don't know, what they don't know.....

Jim Krueger

Post by Jim Krueger » Sun Jun 25, 2017 10:04 pm

What a nice weather and water day today on the Remmel float! There were seven in our bunch, and there were many other tuber and rafters out there today also having a great time. At the end of the trip today, unfortunately though, there was apparently one young lady that may have flipped in the Ledge and sustained a concussion, the information I received was sketchy but there was an ambulance on scene when we returned with the vehicles after the float.
Thanks to all of you for coming along today, and for your help with boat unloading and reloading!

Best Regards
Jim

Soonerfan85
Name: David

Post by Soonerfan85 » Tue Jun 27, 2017 10:56 pm

Thanks Chris and Jim. Enjoyed everyone's company. Shame I never knew about the free beer on Sundays at Rockport back in college. :beer2: David

Social Media