Upper Caddo River on Saturday,May 6th

Organize your paddling trips here, or find out about upcoming trips you may want to join

Jim Krueger

Upper Caddo River on Saturday,May 6th

Post by Jim Krueger » Thu May 04, 2017 5:32 pm

Marlo and I are thinking about making a trip on the Caddo on Saturday, the level should be around 6' or upper 5' range by then, which should be fine. Also, the weather looks very nice. We will meet other interested parties under the Hwy 70 Bridge at Glenwood (downstream side, where Caddo Cabins/Canoe outfitters are located), by 11am to meet and set shuttle,and then head on up to the Narrows to the put-in. Bring some cold drinks and a bit of lunch for on the river, we will probably reach the take-out at 4pm or so.

Best Regards
Jim

spyder9179
Name: Russell Hatridge

Re: Upper Caddo River on Saturday,May 6th

Post by spyder9179 » Fri May 05, 2017 7:46 pm

I was hoping it would fall enough to be ready for this weekend. You mind 2 more tagging along?

Jim Krueger

Post by Jim Krueger » Fri May 05, 2017 7:52 pm

That will be fine, we will see you in the morning!
Jim

Jim Krueger

Post by Jim Krueger » Sat May 06, 2017 8:52 pm

It was just a beautiful day on the Caddo today, great weather, a very nice water level of about 6.20ft and always good friends! We had five in our group and I think we all had a good time. One of my personal highlights of the day was at lunch, sharing my fried chicken with a real cute, short-legged dog who waited patiently for every morsel, I think he zeroed right in on us as we were starting to eat :angel: Thank each of you for coming along today, it's always such a treat!

Best Regards
Jim

Social Media