Upcoming Clean-ups - Feb 11, March 4, March 11 and more

Organize your paddling trips here, or find out about upcoming trips you may want to join

Cowper
Name: Cowper C

Upcoming Clean-ups - Feb 11, March 4, March 11 and more

Post by Cowper » Fri Feb 03, 2017 4:51 pm

On Saturday, Feb 11, we will be meeting at Morrison Lake on Bayou DeView to join a cleanup sponsored by the Cache River National Wildlife Refuge.
This is on Bayou DeView, North of Brinkley Arkansas at the same area where we recently got 3 porta jons out of the river, but there are still 2 refrigerators and dozens of tires that need our attention. It is being organized by the Cache River National Wildlife Refuge, and they have not yet finalized the start time and details. But here is what I know at this time:
1) Date - Feb 11, 2017
2) Time - Not yet set, but if it is before 9, they will see this way-out-of-towner at 9.
3) Place - Lake Morrison, Bayou Deview North of Brinkley, Arkansas 35.0615 -91.2029
4) Food - they will be serving food for us after after we finish - presumably sometime shortly after lunch time.
5) Bring - Gloves, boat, muck boots, waders if you own any. The refrigerators are at the end of the lake, we will load one at a time on the motorboat, should go a lot faster than towing the porta jons, the tires are along the roadside ditch. I'll have the grappling hook for tires.
For updates go to our ACC BOATR Facebook page and browse. I don't think you need to sign up to Facebook to do this, if I'm wrong, pop me a text at 5zero14seven2903eight and I'll update you on what I know if anything has changed. https://www.facebook.com/groups/684199948368763/

On Saturday March 11, there is a trail building and trash cleanup on Fourche Creek in Little Rock (guess which one we might join). If the Cossatot race doesn't happen that weekend I'll most likely be there. It will be from 8 AM to noon at Interstate Park in LR. The sign in will most likely be in the parking lot near 34.7122 -92.2836 but if you are running late you will find the canoe launch ramp down the hill at 34.7081 -92.28502 This one is an event on the FOFC Facebook page. https://www.facebook.com/events/1082024371902684/

There will also be some very short notice trips (like decided the day before) going on almost every week, you can find out about those by browsing the ACC BOATR Facebook group, or by contacting me via text. Some will be on weekends, but others will be mid-week for those who are retired, working non-standard schedules, etc.

We're also going to try to do some cleaning the same weekend as the Cossatot Race; it may range from a downriver trip if he water is favorable, to just cleaning some access points if that is what the Cossatot State Park thinks is needed most. There really isn't much to do there from Ed Banks to the Falls, as we have all been keeping that section maintained, but we might find a few items between the Falls and the Visitor Center if we really look. Most of what I find these days is at access points.
Trash: Get a little every time you go!

Cowper
Name: Cowper C

Re: Upcoming Clean-ups - Feb 11, March 4, March 11 and more

Post by Cowper » Sun Feb 26, 2017 12:30 pm

Just checking in to add the March 4 Cleanup on the Mulberry to the list. What I know is contained in this FB post, which I hope even non-FB people will be able to view: https://www.facebook.com/photo.php?fbid ... =3&theater
Trash: Get a little every time you go!

Social Media