Deview Wetlands Paddle Sunday 4/3/2016

Organize your paddling trips here, or find out about upcoming trips you may want to join

DeBo

Deview Wetlands Paddle Sunday 4/3/2016

Post by DeBo » Tue Mar 29, 2016 12:54 pm

Sunday April 3 Bayou Deview Wetlands Paddle. Meet at T Ricks in Hazen I40 Exit 193 at 10am. Conditions look good for a trip from Hickson Lake to Apple Lake. We will take a side trip to look for the heron rookery and then have lunch on Whiskey Island. The trip will be about 5 miles, water is at a great level and the weather forecast is looking good.

http://www.agfc.com/resources/wildlifev ... rTrail.pdf
“What we do for ourselves dies with us. What we do for others and the world remains and is immortal.” Albert Pine

jwcava
Name: jwcava

Re: Deview Wetlands Paddle Sunday 4/3/2016

Post by jwcava » Fri Apr 01, 2016 10:00 am

Are we still good to go after the rain this week? Hope so!

Karla
Name: Karla R.

Post by Karla » Fri Apr 01, 2016 7:19 pm

Any portages on this Debbie? I'm considering?
Karla

Karla
Name: Karla R.

Post by Karla » Sat Apr 02, 2016 5:21 pm

Plan to go Gary and I. So ready to be out on something

DeBo

Post by DeBo » Sun Apr 03, 2016 9:53 pm

Absolutely gorgeous day on Deview. Only 5 of us today, Jerry Cavaneau and grandson Winn, Justin York, Martha Martha Bowden and me. The road into Hickson was under water, so we did the Hwy 17 to Apple Lake 11 mile trip. Stopped for lunch at the power line and then headed off into the maze section. The Bald Eagle pair is back and one of the adults was at home. It did not seem the least bit bothered by us. We couldn't see inside the nest to tell if there were eggs or little ones. We found the heron rookery deserted. The first year the Eagles nested there, the herons deserted the rookery. Last year year the Eagles didn't nest and the rookery was full of herons and egrets. Now, the Eagles are back and the herons are gone hmmmm. Shortly after seeing the eagle nest Martha spotted an Otter. We followed it and discovered there were two. They played hide and seek with us for a while then disappeared. We took a break on Whiskey Island and got off the water by 5:00. Long day but well worth it.
“What we do for ourselves dies with us. What we do for others and the world remains and is immortal.” Albert Pine

Social Media