Caddo River Cleanup and Float - Sunday April 3, 2016

Organize your paddling trips here, or find out about upcoming trips you may want to join

Cowper
Name: Cowper C

Caddo River Cleanup and Float - Sunday April 3, 2016

Post by Cowper » Sun Mar 27, 2016 10:57 am

From our Facebook page, we've all been invited:

Caddo River Camping & Canoe Rental is organizing a Caddo River Spring Clean-up in coordination with Keep Arkansas Beautiful on Sunday, April 3, 2016 beginning at 11:00 AM. We can provide a limited number of shuttles or canoes for volunteers who will participate in the river clean up from Caddo Gap to Glenwood. Call (870) 356-5336 to pre-arrange for shuttles.

In the original post, there was also a hyperlink to Caddo River's page, so I'll just copy that here:
https://www.facebook.com/Caddo-River-Ca ... 864902638/

At this point, I think Bob Tyler, Jon Ellwood, and I have all confirmed we're going to try to make this, but I hope to see more of you there!
Trash: Get a little every time you go!

Cowper

Re: Caddo River Cleanup and Float - Sunday April 3, 2016

Post by Cowper » Mon Apr 04, 2016 12:34 am

Trip Report: Jon Ellwood, Bob Tyler, Brian Harvey, Ryk Moore, and I had a beautiful, warm day on the river. The water was still a bit cool for extended swims, but certainly warm enough to allow us to retrieve stuff out of the water as needed.

Our "unsual" find for the day was a porta jon, most of which we found shortly after putting in. Then, about 2/3 of the way through the trip, Bob found the door. We also retrieved a picnic table (minus the legs), several river tubes, a tackle box full of very nice lures, a camper mattress, and more visqueen than you can shake a stick at.

Our group was spread out at one point so I didn't get to see it, but apparently Ryk and Brian got to help rescue one paddler several times after a squabble of some sort caused her to part ways with her boyfriend.

We are already contemplating another trip to tackle one drift full of trash, and the remainder of the visqueen that we didn't have time to get today.

Cowper

Re: Caddo River Cleanup and Float - Sunday April 3, 2016

Post by Cowper » Sat Apr 09, 2016 6:15 am

Link to photos of the clean up, taken by Caddo River Camping and Canoeing: https://www.facebook.com/media/set/?set ... 638&type=3

Social Media