Outfitters Offering Rafting Trips?

Organize your paddling trips here, or find out about upcoming trips you may want to join

trophyhusband
Name: clinton fisher

Outfitters Offering Rafting Trips?

Post by trophyhusband » Sun Mar 20, 2016 11:58 am

Hello,
Looking for suggestions on companies that offer rafting trips in Arkansas. I have looked online and can only find kayak and canoeing trips.
Any help would be greatly appreciated.
Thanks

Owl

Re: Outfitters Offering Rafting Trips?

Post by Owl » Sun Mar 20, 2016 1:05 pm

Many of the outfitters that rent canoes and kayaks also have rafts for rent. A few more specifics on what type of trip you have in mind (day, multi-day, guided, etc.) and what river(s) you're interested in would be helpful.

trophyhusband

Post by trophyhusband » Sun Mar 20, 2016 2:50 pm

We would be looking for a multi day guided trip. Coming up from Dallas, can be flexible on when and where. Just looking to experience some whitewater. Thanks

Owl

Post by Owl » Sun Mar 20, 2016 5:06 pm

trophyhusband wrote:We would be looking for a multi day guided trip. Coming up from Dallas, can be flexible on when and where. Just looking to experience some whitewater. Thanks
To the best of my knowledge, a multi-day guided whitewater raft trip doesn't exist in Arkansas. The closest place for a trip like the one you describe would probably be found on one of the western rivers like the Colorado, Yampa, or Green. See link below:

http://www.oars.com/rafting/

torpedo
Name: Toby Von Rembow

Post by torpedo » Sun Mar 20, 2016 10:18 pm

I'm not sure when you are wanting to visit and how long you would like to spend on the river, but I may be able to help you out. As you may already know, almost all of our streams are rain dependent, so scheduling such a trip will require flexibility.

trophyhusband

Post by trophyhusband » Mon Mar 21, 2016 8:07 pm

Torpedo, Pm sent. Thanks

Yarbrough
Name: Scott Yarbrough, uhMerican

Post by Yarbrough » Tue Mar 22, 2016 8:12 pm

Moores Outdoors in Dover is where I would start. The Big Piney is our best rafting river. Moores offers guided and self guided trips. I've camped on the Piney out of a raft before. Go high enough(Treat) and float down low enough(twin bridges) and you can turn it into a multi-day. "Some" planning can be done by watching the national radar. A big storm the size of Washington state usually hits us in three days. The rivers are primed and should be through the month of April.
Dr Ray Stantz: Personally, I liked the university. They gave us money and facilities, we didn't have to produce anything! You've never been out of college! You don't know what it's like out there! I've *worked* in the private sector. They expect *results*

Social Media