Missouri Ozarks Paddling: March 2016

Organize your paddling trips here, or find out about upcoming trips you may want to join
Jim Krueger

Re: Missouri Ozarks Paddling: March 2016

Post by Jim Krueger » Tue Mar 01, 2016 10:07 pm

I'll vouch for Jill's skills. (kind of rhymes doesn't it :D ) She's a solid paddler and lot's of fun to visit with every time we float.

Best Regards
Jim

Louiscov
Name: Louis Covington

Post by Louiscov » Fri Mar 04, 2016 2:34 pm

Looking forward to being there March 16 - 19!! Haven't paddled in over 5 months.
"There is nothing- absolutely nothing- half so much worth doing as simply messing about in boats." Wind In the Willows

"I am haunted by waters." A River Runs Through It

louis covington

Al Donaldson

Post by Al Donaldson » Tue Mar 22, 2016 6:35 am

Hey, folks:

We've had fairly good weather (for March,) have covered a few fairly nice streams (over 160 miles of them between groups) and have so far had 30 paddlers out to play. ACC regulars louiscov, okieboater and Cat have joined us and, so far, have not had occasion to have to kill the trip leader.

Some description and photos are at: http://www.iowapaddling.org/Missouri%202016/index.htm

Regards,

al
Al Donaldson
1920 Belle Ave.
Cedar Falls, IA 50613
alandonaldson@cfu.net
(319) 277-3194

okieboater
Name: David L. Reid

Post by okieboater » Sat Mar 26, 2016 10:23 pm

My first time to paddle with Al, Ana and their great group of paddlers from Iowa and points North.

I spent some 5 or 6 days at Boiling Springs Resort.

Al runs this event as good as it gets. Sets up each day's run with plenty of intermediate shuttles, is very safety oriented and makes sure everyone knows about each stream they paddle.

The entire group of boaters were as friendly and fun to paddle with as any I have been blessed to paddle with. Really neat folks and great paddlers on the streams and just a hoot to hang out with in camp.

I am putting this on my must do list calendar for next year.

Thanks Al, Ana and all the group for making this Okie feel right at home as soon as I parked my truck.

I continue to be amazed at the quality canoe streams in that area of MO. If you want to experience the spring fed clear streams of MO, these folks know all the good runs.

On another note, Big Piney Brewing is open Sat afternoons, excellent micro brewed Stout served up in a monster barn located in the middle of a pasture complete with a foot stomping blue grass rock band. This has to be seen to believed! :canoe: :beer2: :yahoo:
Okieboater AKA Dave Reid

We are not sure when childhood ends and adulthood begins.

We are sure that when retirement begins, childhood restarts

Al Donaldson

Post by Al Donaldson » Wed Mar 30, 2016 6:41 am

Dave:

Thanks for driving way up here to paddle and for the really kind words. Please come back when you can!

(It is really great to be able to paddle with folks like Dave and Cat -- they have so much to offer to the group.)

Regards,

al
Al Donaldson
1920 Belle Ave.
Cedar Falls, IA 50613
alandonaldson@cfu.net
(319) 277-3194

bobberhex
Name: Robert

Post by bobberhex » Wed Mar 30, 2016 5:06 pm

good post I will check out the rivers.. I only know about Buffalo and Current. but I'm New to paddling again after 35 year break

Social Media