Happy New Year Red Hot Cider Float

Organize your paddling trips here, or find out about upcoming trips you may want to join

DeBo

Happy New Year Red Hot Cider Float

Post by DeBo » Sun Dec 13, 2015 3:50 pm

Information for trip is at this link:

https://www.facebook.com/events/1653038248318356/" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
“What we do for ourselves dies with us. What we do for others and the world remains and is immortal.” Albert Pine

blind kayaker 76
Name: Robert ellison

Re: Happy New Year Red Hot Cider Float

Post by blind kayaker 76 » Thu Dec 17, 2015 9:51 am

Link is broken when I click it.
No man ever steps in the same river twice, for it is not the same river and he is not the same man.
Heraclitus

DeBo

Post by DeBo » Thu Dec 17, 2015 1:18 pm

This link should work.

https://www.facebook.com/events/428886973977634/" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
“What we do for ourselves dies with us. What we do for others and the world remains and is immortal.” Albert Pine

Jim Krueger

Post by Jim Krueger » Mon Dec 21, 2015 6:32 pm

Debbie,

I sure hope to join in the float too if possible. I always so enjoy our trips, I'll look forward to seeing you all!

Best Regards
Jim

Jim Krueger

Post by Jim Krueger » Fri Jan 01, 2016 8:00 pm

I had just a great time today Debo, thank you for arranging another fun New Year's float! What a nice blue-sky day we had, and what a nice-sized group of 50 or so along to enjoy the day. I seldom forget a face, but I do need to work on remembering names better even if we only float once or twice a year. Dressed like a farmer today, and in an antique boat & trolling motor, I think I had the best camouflage of all, several folks I hadn't met before, hailed me as 'mister', and asked if I was catching any, and also informed me they were with the Canoe Club. It was really heartwarming and what we have all tried to do over the years. I had such a nice day! Happy New Year to all, I will look forward to getting back out there in my kayak when it warms-up :D

Best Regards
Jim

Cowper
Name: Cowper C

Post by Cowper » Sun Jan 03, 2016 12:59 am

Yes Jim, I also have discovered that sometimes the best camo is the one that hides you in plain sight. When I want to hide or remain unseen in town, I drive my white Toyota Corolla, which looks like an airport rental car that got let go in an auction, with a little unrepaired body damage. NOBODY ever sees me when I'm in that car, unlike when I'm in my truck or Debbies "camo" Subaru.

For boating, hop in the motorboat, wear camo waders, and nobody knows they are talking to someone who actually knows which end of the paddle to stick in the water. (Although admittedly I often keep that one easy by using a kayak paddle.)
Trash: Get a little every time you go!

Social Media