Anyone heading for more moderate rivers?

Organize your paddling trips here, or find out about upcoming trips you may want to join

Henry Gresham

Anyone heading for more moderate rivers?

Post by Henry Gresham » Tue Nov 17, 2015 11:30 am

I'm keeping an eye on the board. Just wondering if anyone is heading for Buffalo (Ponca), Mulberry, Piney, or similar on Wednesday or Thursday? If so, I'd like to tag along if water holds and doesn't get too high. PM or post or email hwgresham@gmail.com or 479-366-6379. Thanks.

ejbarton
Name: Eli Barton

Re: Anyone heading for more moderate rivers?

Post by ejbarton » Tue Nov 17, 2015 11:34 am

I was hoping for the same.

nathan richard
Name: nathan

Post by nathan richard » Tue Nov 17, 2015 12:47 pm

I'll probably go to the mulberry if i can get my paperwork approved. i got a raft i'm itching to try out. i'll post up for sure later this evening.

jdryden78
Name: John

Post by jdryden78 » Tue Nov 17, 2015 4:40 pm

Would be interested if something gets together.

orange_otter
Name: orange_otter

Post by orange_otter » Tue Nov 17, 2015 4:56 pm

I am interested unless there is someone that would run the upper Cossatot from county road 31 to 246 or Ed Banks road. It is a great 6.5 mile II-II+ run.

Henry Gresham

Post by Henry Gresham » Tue Nov 17, 2015 8:10 pm

Nothing coming together so far. Probably won't post on this thread anymore. Everybody just see what you can hook up with on your own. As I write this, lots of rivers are TOO high, but hope tomorrow is still good.

kpape
Name: K Pape

Post by kpape » Fri Nov 20, 2015 12:19 pm

My wife and I hope to find "moderate" too. Twin-Lakes based.

Henry Gresham

Post by Henry Gresham » Fri Nov 20, 2015 7:15 pm

Sorry no trip materialized from my original post. A few expressed interest, but nothing came together. For the future, since I'm retired, I can most often go on a float if I can get about 24 hours notice. Right now my limit is Class II up to some Class III. Some of the popular rivers like Buffalo & Mulberry, I've done enough to be comfortable with put-in and take-out points. Some others I haven't floated in years (Cadron, Frog, various forks of the White, etc.) so I'd feel more comfortable going with someone who knows the stretches. Also, I think the ACC policy is that there is no "trip leader"; rather, we're a bunch of friends getting together for a leaderless mutual adventure. Works for me! I'm not qualified to be a trip leader -- just a fellow floater.

My point is, if and when we get more decent rain and the creeks come up, post or PM or email (or smoke signals?) me and we'll see what materializes. I love moderate WW, but also just love floating down some of the Ozark jewels that we're blessed with. To those who emailed me or PM'd but finally couldn't make it, just stay in touch or post a trip idea.

To "kpape", where is Twin Lakes? Just curious.

Cowper
Name: Cowper C

Post by Cowper » Fri Nov 20, 2015 10:26 pm

Some folks are hitting Cadron Sunday. Meeting is at 12:30 at the Hwy 65 Bridge access at 12:30, or come at 11:15ish if you can get there that early and are willing to help pick up along ACC's adopted mile of highway.
Trash: Get a little every time you go!

Social Media