West Fork Wed. 5\13

Organize your paddling trips here, or find out about upcoming trips you may want to join

onariver
Name: Steve Anderson

West Fork Wed. 5\13

Post by onariver » Wed May 13, 2015 10:44 am

I am hoping to paddle Brentwood to W F this afternoon.Would enjoy the company of any like-minded adventurers who might be so inclined. I am pretty flexible on the time. Post if interested and we can work out the details. Steve Anderson

nathan richard
Name: nathan

Re: West Fork Wed. 5\13

Post by nathan richard » Wed May 13, 2015 10:56 am

floated down from brentwood yesterday and the first half was low in spots. never had to get out though...

kru1
Name: Kristian

Post by kru1 » Wed May 13, 2015 3:21 pm

Checked it on the way into town. I have certainly floated it lower, but would not argue that it is high or even ideal.

Just checked Clear and it is low but runnable, and I would guess Lee would be about the same.

kru
I say, and I intend it emphatically, let the river be.
Thomas Hart Benton, on the Buffalo River

onariver
Name: Steve Anderson

Post by onariver » Wed May 13, 2015 5:44 pm

Thanks for your info input, Nathan and KRU. While I would rather paddle low water than no water, I couldn't get any boat abusers to join me. Trip postponed. It's raining now. Will try again- not necessarily the same stretch of water. Steve

rollin, rollin, rollin on a river CCR

Mike_P
Name: Mike Potts

Post by Mike_P » Wed May 13, 2015 8:39 pm

Four of us did Woolsey bridge to Westfork park Tuesday evening (5/12) level was about 6.2. Waves were fluffy but shoals were kind of bony. Would think above that section even lower. Would love to do this section at about 7 ft. Can anyone confirm that's a pretty perfect level?

BTW a few downed trees making large stainers on our section (a couple were river wide).

Mike P.
Rogers

nathan richard
Name: nathan

Post by nathan richard » Thu May 14, 2015 9:24 am

it's always hard to tell with that gage since it's a ways down stream. this time it worked pretty well, but i usually just ask KRU.

but yeah, i think around 7' is perfect.

mike e
Name: Michael

Post by mike e » Sun May 17, 2015 8:51 pm

Mike_P wrote:Four of us did Woolsey bridge to Westfork park Tuesday evening (5/12) level was about 6.2. Waves were fluffy but shoals were kind of bony. Would think above that section even lower. Would love to do this section at about 7 ft. Can anyone confirm that's a pretty perfect level?

BTW a few downed trees making large stainers on our section (a couple were river wide).

Mike P.
Rogers
A couple of us ran winslow to west fork this morning" may 17" it was pretty perfect. I like to do it when the gauge reads 20 ish feet . Never checked it today but it was prob close ?? Lots of hole punching lots of rolling. It was a great level. Water at the park was covering about 1/3 of the parking lot. We walked around 1 tree below slicker falls but I think that was it. Great fun close run.:)

kru1
Name: Kristian

Post by kru1 » Sun May 17, 2015 9:50 pm

Checked it this morning around 8:30/9:00ish, saw two vehicles parked along 71 just down stream from the Winslow put-in/Slicker Falls. Was that y'all Mike E? None the less it was running when I checked it.

Think that it peaked around 13' on the Fayetteville gauge, it has obviously been bigger but I think y'all caught it at a decent level.

Thanks for the update.

kru
I say, and I intend it emphatically, let the river be.
Thomas Hart Benton, on the Buffalo River

mike e
Name: Michael

Post by mike e » Mon May 18, 2015 5:50 am

kru1 wrote:Checked it this morning around 8:30/9:00ish, saw two vehicles parked along 71 just down stream from the Winslow put-in/Slicker Falls. Was that y'all Mike E? None the less it was running when I checked it.

Think that it peaked around 13' on the Fayetteville gauge, it has obviously been bigger but I think y'all caught it at a decent level.

Thanks for the update.

kru
Yes sir that was us. We were heading for clear but couldn't resist all the rolling waves :)

Social Media