Paddling somewhere Tues or Wed???

Organize your paddling trips here, or find out about upcoming trips you may want to join

Henry Gresham

Paddling somewhere Tues or Wed???

Post by Henry Gresham » Sun May 10, 2015 5:17 pm

The rivers and creeks are angry today, but I'm thinking by Tuesday or Wednesday (5/12&13) they might calm down a bit. I have those 2 days available, and would like to float something about Class II to II+ either day. Thinking about Buffalo from Ponca, or maybe even from Boxley. Right now the Mulberry looks out of control. Anyone think it might fall enough?

Anyone interested? If not, anyone already have something planned that I might tag onto? Not quite ready for Class III-IV creeking, though.

orange_otter
Name: orange_otter

Re: Paddling somewhere Tues or Wed???

Post by orange_otter » Sun May 10, 2015 7:07 pm

I am camping at the Cossatot Falls as of in the morning. We will run the upper upper CR 31 to huway 246 tomorrow. It is class II-class II+ and a grood float. We took some folks in rec boats on it. I will check facebook and see if you want to run the upper Cossatot or the Little Missouri River tuesday. Let's get together!

Henry Gresham

Post by Henry Gresham » Sun May 10, 2015 7:13 pm

Thanks Orange Otter. I'm not much into Facebook, but will keep an eye out here. I'd still prefer something in the NW/NC Ark area, but will keep your kind offer in mind. Thanks again.

Teaches With Fire
Name: Luke and Holly

Post by Teaches With Fire » Sun May 10, 2015 7:51 pm

Henry, depending on the level I may be up for a Cadron trip on Wed (have to work tuesday). Ill post a trip up if I decide to go.
Holly and Luke

Henry Gresham

Post by Henry Gresham » Sun May 10, 2015 8:45 pm

I'll keep an eye on the board. Haven't done Cadron for quite awhile, so if it's a go, I'll need some good directions.

Druid
Name: Adam Hostetler

Post by Druid » Mon May 11, 2015 4:06 pm

I'd like to do Boxley to Pruitt. I've never been from Boxley to Steel Creek, but I think the river is still going to be too high on Tuesday, but as soon as the water level allows I'm game.

Henry Gresham

Post by Henry Gresham » Mon May 11, 2015 6:32 pm

Sad to say I've lost my free day Wednesday. Looks like my kayak must stay in drydock .

Mr_Micah_Ho
Name: Micah D Holmstrom

Post by Mr_Micah_Ho » Mon May 11, 2015 7:28 pm

I could be good for a Tuesday float on the Cadron. I live in Little Rock and have a Liquid Logic Kayak.
the Water levels are off the charts at the moment but coming down. That said. My last two floats on the Cadron were at 8+ feet going from 65 to 210. But now I want to try the section of Old 65 to new 65 bridge when it is at capacity.

Social Media