Rain, Rain , Rain!! River Trip for Monday 11-24

Organize your paddling trips here, or find out about upcoming trips you may want to join
RobM
Name: Rob

Rain, Rain , Rain!! River Trip for Monday 11-24

Post by RobM » Sat Nov 22, 2014 2:56 pm

Hopefully there will be a river up by Monday semi close to NWA that will be runnable . Planning on a Buffalo, Mulberry or frog bayou trip yet If any thing like the middle fork, boxley or clear creek is up we could run them for the more experienced paddlers. The weather will be cold so I'd say dry suit would be the best option this time of year yet having thermal protection is a must. Please stick to your skill level too. Of as now I have no ideal what levels the water will be or how difficult the trip will be until we choose which one we will be going to. I will post more info as the rivers hopefully fill up!
If there is not enough rain for a decent river run , I will be going to fisher ford Monday. Anyone with appropriate gear & skills is welcome to come along.

Please read the Fine Print on the paddling trip posting rules. THIS IS A LEADERLESS GROUP OF COMMON ADVENTURERS, I nor no one on this trip is leading this trip or responsible for anyone other than myself or themselves. Everyone that joins in this float trip is responsible for themselves,there food, water, gear & there own wellbeing . If you feel uncomfortable with your cold water gear or your own skills to run the river we will be going on this time of year shouldn't come or if you have any questions about the river or the gear you have , ask me about it before you get on the river .

THANKS PLEASE POST UP ON HERE IF YOU PLAN ON GOING!
Hope to see you Monday
See ya on the water,
Rob

TrentF
Name: Trent Fears

Re: Rain, Rain , Rain!! River Trip for Monday 11-24

Post by TrentF » Sat Nov 22, 2014 6:33 pm

I would most likely be able to join if there is a river or creek running
Trent Fears

aaron038
Name: Aaron Ritz

Post by aaron038 » Sat Nov 22, 2014 7:53 pm

I'm down for whatever but if Clear is up I would like to do Clear into the Frog! Fingers crossed. :crossed: :crossed:

RobM

Post by RobM » Sat Nov 22, 2014 8:24 pm

Great !! Bill, Rodger & Jim in too. Maybe Mike . Now, everyone do your rain dance !
See ya on the water,
Rob

737driver
Name: Clay Cahoon

Post by 737driver » Sat Nov 22, 2014 11:55 pm

Jinxed
Clay Cahoon

Paddle solo, sleep tandem

magicmike
Name: Mike

Post by magicmike » Sun Nov 23, 2014 7:16 am

The river gods frown on "Premature Organization".-M- :NoNo:
"Whenever you find yourself on the side of the majority,it's time to pause and reflect".

Mike_P
Name: Mike Potts

Post by Mike_P » Sun Nov 23, 2014 2:07 pm

Thanks for posting. I may be able to leave Rogers late morning or early afternoon depending on what's running and when people are wanting to meet. I will look at the board in the mid-morning and post if I can catch up to the group.

Mike P.
Rogers

paradoxpoet
Name: Aaron Johnson

Post by paradoxpoet » Sun Nov 23, 2014 2:32 pm

We're looking to paddle anything Monday. We may run to the Tot if nothing here wants to come up. Leaving Fort Smith early if we can.
Aaron Johnson

737driver

Post by 737driver » Sun Nov 23, 2014 5:46 pm

You would literally be "running" the tot. It's LOW.
Clay Cahoon

RobM

Post by RobM » Sun Nov 23, 2014 6:31 pm

737driver wrote:Jinxed
Don't be jinxing us NW folks, all we have to do is run over to the Ford now :thumbup: If you noticed I had that as a last choice. We still have whatever rain we get tonight. I had high hopes for sure yet if there is a river up I didn't want no one to miss it. I won't be traveling all the way down to the tot tomorrow . I'd rather catch it at a juicy level & camp for a few days. Hopefully fairly soon.

I will be at the ford tomorrow morning around 10 or if there is something up we will meet there around 10 too. We can check back here in the morning if any river levels change. If we need to change the time just post up yet it's dark at 5:30 anymore.

I have heard the waves at the Ford was awesome today so I'm sure they'll be there tomorrow too, so the secondary plan is a good one for me too if nothing else.

Come on up & surf with us sometime Clay!
See ya on the water,
Rob

RobM

Post by RobM » Sun Nov 23, 2014 6:36 pm

Mike_P wrote:Thanks for posting. I may be able to leave Rogers late morning or early afternoon depending on what's running and when people are wanting to meet. I will look at the board in the mid-morning and post if I can catch up to the group.

Mike P.
Rogers
Yeah Mike, even if we meet at 10 it will take a while for us to shuttle vehicles .
# 479-957-8118
See ya on the water,
Rob

737driver

Post by 737driver » Sun Nov 23, 2014 6:57 pm

I def want to check out the Ford soon
Clay Cahoon

paradoxpoet
Name: Aaron Johnson

Post by paradoxpoet » Mon Nov 24, 2014 5:56 am

Unless you guys want to brave a low frog, The Ford is the way to go. See you on the water and be safe?
Aaron Johnson

RobM

Post by RobM » Mon Nov 24, 2014 7:23 am

Ok it's all Clays fault we didn't get enough rain for a river run today, because of him jinxing us ! :poke2: ( joke) No big deal though we still have the Ford!

Ok, the Ford it is! Mike, Jerry & I will be there around 10:30 . I should be there the majority of the day. Looks like it will be cold so bring all the insulation u have. The water level at the ford shows low but it's a nice level since they built the park.
paradoxpoet wrote:Unless you guys want to brave a low frog, The Ford is the way to go. See you on the water and be safe?
Level is still looking to low at the frog! I hope to see you at the ford today though!
See ya on the water,
Rob

cpresoz
Name: Curtis Presley

Post by cpresoz » Mon Nov 24, 2014 7:55 am

I think Clay was just pointing out that the premature organization jinxed the rain. In fact, the preferred method is to do the opposite, dare it to rain by washing your car, or start tearing into your roof for a re-roof.
Curtis Presley
cpresoz@yahoo.com
479-685-3557
Fayetteville, AR

Social Media