NW chapter plans for GAF

Organize your paddling trips here, or find out about upcoming trips you may want to join

tomOzarkVideo
Name: Tom McFetridge

NW chapter plans for GAF

Post by tomOzarkVideo » Tue Sep 16, 2014 2:11 pm

GAF trip update! Thursday, September 25: Arrive at Smoky Mountain Meadows CG. http://www.smokymtnmeadows.com" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

Friday: Nantahala Falls laps.. All of the other rivers are off on Friday. This will help determine who is ready to head upstream on Saturday and Sunday. We will be running any lines we can come up with. This will not be your run of the mill Nantahala day.. There may be an option to run the French Broad if you can get a group together to go.

Saturday & Sunday: UPPER NANTY FEST! From Class V to III the Cascades and Upper section are steep and intense! (Most will stay on the III+ section) If enough people are there to run the lower, (II/III) have a blast. We will probably paddle the lower at the end of our upper runs.

Sunday night: head to AU. http://adventuresunlimited.net" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

Monday and beyond: OCOEE MADNESS! You know it, you love it, you can't get enough of it!!! Time to hit the Ocoee! It's been over 2 years since I have had the chance at this awesome Class III+ play run. There you have it.

As always:

All participants in Arkansas Canoe Club trips do so as common adventurers. The club or its individual members may coordinate paddling trips but no one is considered leader of a trip. All participants take the responsibility for making their own decisions including, but not limited to, whether to participate on any particular water body or section, what equipment they use, the routes they may choose to paddle, whether their skill levels and abilities are appropriate for the activity or whether climate and water conditions are appropriate for their participation. In choosing to participate in any posted trip, I acknowledged that paddling, like many sports, has inherent dangers which can be minimized through education and experience, but cannot be totally eliminated I hereby, for myself, my heirs, executers, and administrators waive any and all rights and claims for damage I may have against the ACC, its officers and representatives for injuries suffered by me in ACC activities.
"My favorite rapid was Boogie Water" - kru

ShayA
Name: Shay

Re: NW chapter plans for GAF

Post by ShayA » Wed Sep 17, 2014 8:21 am

If there are any NW people or anyone else in the state that is looking to go but doesn't have a solid ride to make it out there I will be traveling from TX and can meet pretty much anywhere between TX and Memphis (Little Rock being the most ideal) to hook up and car pool the rest of the way. I can leave Thursday evening. Plan on stopping Thursday night in TN somewhere to rest and make it to Bryson City Friday about lunch time so we can paddle the rest of the day. Travel back Tuesday. Or if there are any Ark La Tex folks that are interested I can come through Shreveport. Either way is pretty much equal distance. Let me know!

perspective7
Name: Seth

Post by perspective7 » Sun Sep 21, 2014 8:27 am

:yahoo:

Ryan Center
Name: ozarkpaddler

Post by Ryan Center » Sun Sep 21, 2014 5:11 pm

Who is planning on going from NWA or Little Rock area Thursday afternoon or early Friday and due back home Monday night?

Ouachitoff
Name: Chris H

Post by Ouachitoff » Mon Sep 22, 2014 10:43 am

Dang, wish I could go. Been dying to get out east this summer, but looks like it'll be next year before I can make it. :(
A smooth sea never made a skillful sailor.
- English proverb

tomOzarkVideo
Name: Tom McFetridge

Post by tomOzarkVideo » Mon Sep 22, 2014 10:46 am

Ouachitoff wrote:Dang, wish I could go. Been dying to get out east this summer, but looks like it'll be next year before I can make it. :(
Get ready for Week Of Rivers 2015. June26 - July 5th!! More runs than anyone can do in a week. :yahoo: :beer2:
"My favorite rapid was Boogie Water" - kru

ShayA
Name: Shay

Post by ShayA » Mon Sep 22, 2014 11:03 am

Ouachitoff wrote:Dang, wish I could go. Been dying to get out east this summer, but looks like it'll be next year before I can make it. :(
Chris, if you change your mind and need a ride I'll be driving through LR Thursday about 7pm.

Ouachitoff

Post by Ouachitoff » Mon Sep 22, 2014 2:24 pm

tomOzarkVideo wrote:
Get ready for Week Of Rivers 2015. June26 - July 5th!! More runs than anyone can do in a week. :yahoo: :beer2:
Making a note in the calendar! sounds good.
- English proverb

Ouachitoff

Post by Ouachitoff » Mon Sep 22, 2014 2:27 pm

ShayA wrote:
Chris, if you change your mind and need a ride I'll be driving through LR Thursday about 7pm.
Thanks ShayA, but you'd have to kidnap me and promise to let me blame you when my wife tracks me down! :grin:

- English proverb

we66erno1
Name: doug webber

Post by we66erno1 » Tue Sep 23, 2014 9:33 am

Could anyone bring back a boat for me that's going out there? If you can, I'd be cool with you trying it out while your out there.
Henry Ford said "If I had asked people what they wanted, they would have asked for faster horses."

Fish

Post by Fish » Tue Sep 23, 2014 6:57 pm

I have been planning on going for months, have the days off work and everything, but looks like I'm gonna have to miss it. No one from KC heading out now so I'm minus a ride. And my back's not doing so great in any case: I'd probably be struggling just to miss my line at Horns of God by as much as I usually do. Crap-o-lola... :(

So y'all represent AR out there. And in case you're wondering about the line at Big Kahuna, here's how to do it full-on Stupid style: https://vimeo.com/76814671" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

Have fun, stay safe!

- Fish

Social Media