Paddle for the Cure 2014 - October 4, 2014

Organize your paddling trips here, or find out about upcoming trips you may want to join
74broncogirl
Name: Christy Louden

Paddle for the Cure 2014 - October 4, 2014

Post by 74broncogirl » Wed Aug 27, 2014 10:25 pm

Well, it's that time again...it's time to gather our friends, share boats, and Paddle for the Cure...a non-Komen sanctioned event that occurs on the Arkansas River during the Race for the Cure in Little Rock.

This year's Paddle for the Cure will occur on Saturday, October 4, 2014.

I hope you will make plans to come out and paddle with us on the Arkansas River from Burns Park to the Broadway Bridge!

The 12th Annual Paddle for the Cure, a fun paddle for kayaks and canoes, will take place on Sat., Oct 4th. The PFTC group will launch at 6:30 AM from the Burns Park boat ramp in order to arrive at the Broadway Bridge at approx 8 AM as the runners start the Race For The Cure. Then we bob around under the bridges cheering on the runners above. Take-out is at the I-30 boat ramp (just down-stream) or paddle back... whew!

This Paddle for the Cure is a "rogue event", non-sanctioned by Susan G. Komen because we are on the water.

Please donate by registering as if you were participating in the Race for the Cure at http://www.komenarkansas.org/" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;, tape your number to your boat and wear your t-shirt, but paddle with us instead of walking or running!! Dress crazy, wear pink, paint your boat pink, express yourself! This is for men and women who are experienced paddlers.

Our team name is "Paddle for the Cure" if you'd like to join our team!

Paddle for the Cure now has an official team for the Race for the Cure! If you would like to join our team, simply go to http://arkansas.info-komen.org/site/TR/ ... 5&pg=entry" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false; and click on "Join a Team." Our team name is "Paddle for the Cure." Hope you'll join our team!!!

NOTE: Experienced paddlers only, at your own risk.
Bring your own boat and PFD! PFDs must be worn at all times!

We are also on Facebook: http://www.facebook.com/PaddlefortheCure

Need volunteers to shuttle! See you on the Arkansas River!
"To see the world, things dangerous to come to, to see behind walls, to draw closer, to find each other and to feel. That is the purpose of life." -The Secret Life of Walter Mitty

Mike S

Re: Paddle for the Cure 2014

Post by Mike S » Thu Aug 28, 2014 7:00 am

I can take care of the shuttle logistics!
http://www.SalineRiverCanoe.com" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

Crane

Re: Paddle for the Cure 2014 - October 4, 2014

Post by Crane » Thu Aug 28, 2014 9:04 am

Anyone care to volunteer to put on a brunch for the group and for the Row for the Cure folks at the Arkansas Boathouse Club takeout? Let me know and we might make it happen again this year!

BTW, Come to the river this Saturday, Aug. 30, to watch the Six Bridges Regatta. It will be going on all day and there's no charge for watching from the shore or from the Junction Bridge! Food, beer, fit folks, a band
and fun!!
Crane

Tim Eubanks

Post by Tim Eubanks » Thu Aug 28, 2014 9:09 am

Crane wrote:Anyone care to volunteer to put on a brunch for the group and for the Row for the Cure folks at the Arkansas Boathouse Club takeout? Let me know and we might make it happen again this year!

BTW, Come to the river this Saturday, Aug. 30, to watch the Six Bridges Regatta. It will be going on all day and there's no charge for watching from the shore or from the Junction Bridge! Food, beer, fit folks, a band
and fun!!
Where's the food and beer gonna be? Boat House? What if we're not exactly fit?

Crane

Post by Crane » Fri Aug 29, 2014 2:18 pm

There will be food trucks and beer garden... And, watchers don't have to be very fit:) Come on down!! Crane
Crane

74broncogirl

Post by 74broncogirl » Tue Sep 02, 2014 7:53 pm

We are working on a t-shirt for the event. Hopefully they will be done in time to sell them at Rendezvous!
"To see the world, things dangerous to come to, to see behind walls, to draw closer, to find each other and to feel. That is the purpose of life." -The Secret Life of Walter Mitty

74broncogirl

Post by 74broncogirl » Tue Sep 09, 2014 3:39 am

Paddle for the Cure is right around the corner! Please join us on the AR River to cheer on those who have chosen to walk/run in the Race for the Cure on October 4, 2014. Paddle for the Cure T shirts are available! Please visit and join our Facebook page for more info: http://www.facebook.com/paddleforthecure" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
uploadfromtaptalk1410251965306.jpg

74broncogirl

Post by 74broncogirl » Thu Sep 11, 2014 11:12 pm

Paddle for the Cure T shirts will be available for purchase at Rendezvous! M-XL are $10 and XXL are $12!!! Quantities are limited.

k8+ie

Post by k8+ie » Mon Sep 15, 2014 6:39 pm

HI, I would love to join you for this event. I am new to the area and own a white water solo canoe. I know this would not be the perfect venue for using this boat, but would love to meet some fellow paddlers and find out more about doing some white water paddling here in Arkansas.

Katie

74broncogirl

Post by 74broncogirl » Thu Sep 18, 2014 8:11 am

Well, please join us, Katie! We would love to meet you. Feel free to Paddle downriver from Burns Park to the bridges or paddle upriver to the bridges from the Arkansas Boathouse on the NLR side if the river.

Where do you live?

k8+ie

Post by k8+ie » Fri Sep 19, 2014 9:19 pm

I live in Little Rock and will do my best to be up at the crack of dawn to join you at Burns Park boat landing. Thanks for responding.

Katie

ssqueen
Name: Amy Hudson

Post by ssqueen » Thu Sep 25, 2014 3:08 pm

Anyone interested in sharing a ride from Conway?
Amy
Five 0 one-three 5 zero-0 two 1 two

74broncogirl

Post by 74broncogirl » Mon Sep 29, 2014 9:14 pm

Just wanted to let y'all know we have about 12-15 Paddle for the Cure t-shirts left. I will bring them to the river with me in case anyone else wants/needs one!

Deuce
ACC President
Name: Luke Coop

Post by Deuce » Tue Sep 30, 2014 3:42 pm

Okay peeps. Post race breakfast will be provided at the boathouse. Please post up here if you're a for sure so I'll have enough grub but not too much. I know the catfish would enjoy the leftovers but I ain't cooking for them! :poke2:
You come too.
Robert Frost

74broncogirl

Post by 74broncogirl » Wed Oct 01, 2014 10:23 pm

Right now it looks like we have about 18-20 people that may attend. I'm going to share this with those who are coming that aren't on the Canoe Club message board. Thank you SO much for the breakfast! Can we bring anything?

Social Media