Mulberry or Buffalo Tues 4/1

Organize your paddling trips here, or find out about upcoming trips you may want to join

Barry Thomas
Name: Barry Thomas

Mulberry or Buffalo Tues 4/1

Post by Barry Thomas » Sun Mar 30, 2014 12:32 pm

I am planning on hitting either the Mulberry or Upper Buffalo this tuesday. Rain is in the forecast for monday. Tuesday is expected to be sunny with a high in the 70's. Sounds like a great day to paddle! Anyone interested in meeting up or coordinating a shuttle?

-Barry D. Thomas :grin:

mohawklady
Name: pam ellwood

Re: Mulberry or Buffalo Tues 4/1

Post by mohawklady » Sun Mar 30, 2014 1:38 pm

Jon(frying squirrel) and I would be interested in doing the buffalo with you, havent been floating since new years day let us know the time and place we will be tandem in a canoe....Pam

j

frythecompguy
Name: David

Post by frythecompguy » Mon Mar 31, 2014 7:15 am

Barry,
I am starting a temp job this week, Tues - Friday. Next week, I should be free during the week. I am looking to do Campbell Cemetery to Mill Creek on the Mulberry. I'll let you know.....Interested?

Barry Thomas

Post by Barry Thomas » Mon Mar 31, 2014 1:50 pm

We didn't get as much rain today as I had hoped for but it still looks like good water for tomorrow.

Pam- Are you and Jon still interested in meeting on the Buffalo tomorrow? What section are you interested in?

David- Sounds great. I am available any day next week (I work friday-saturday). Let me know which day you are going.

mohawklady
Name: pam ellwood

Post by mohawklady » Mon Mar 31, 2014 2:10 pm

barry, any section is doable for us, are you willing to do the middle river say from woolum to bakers ford short shuttle ample water 10 mile float if not pick out anywhere on the upper section you want and we will accomodate call me anytime before 530 or after 9 as I will be working for a few hours tonight Pam 501 243 9844

frythecompguy

Post by frythecompguy » Mon Mar 31, 2014 2:42 pm

I will Barry. Have you floated the Mulberry before? Specifically, Campbell Cemetery to Mill Creek? Also, is Sunday doable for you?

Barry Thomas

Post by Barry Thomas » Mon Mar 31, 2014 4:06 pm

David,
I've done the Mulberry many times. It is one of my favorites! I usually start or end at Turner Bend, just for convenience. It has been a couple years since I've done the lower section, but it is fun also and I'm up for anything.

Yes Sundays are good for me. It is the only day my wife and kids are available to float with me. They love floating and my kids haven't done the Mulberry yet.

fryingsquirrel
Name: Jon Ellwood

Post by fryingsquirrel » Mon Mar 31, 2014 5:26 pm

Barry, this is Pam's son, Jon. I tweaked my back at the shop today and will not be able to make it tomorrow. Count us out, but hopefully I'll see you on the river some other time.
Jon Ellwood
Little Rock
"Life is a question asked by nature and answered by death. You are a different kind of question with a different kind of answer." -Helios

Barry Thomas

Post by Barry Thomas » Mon Mar 31, 2014 6:19 pm

Jon,
Ouch! I hope you get feeling better fast! No problem. I think I am just going to do a short trip anyway. Looking forward to paddling with you sometime in the future!
-Barry
:kayak:

fryingsquirrel
Name: Jon Ellwood

Post by fryingsquirrel » Mon Mar 31, 2014 9:18 pm

I'll be alright, just need to take it easy for a day or two. Having a tricky back is something I've learned to deal with over the last few years.
"Life is a question asked by nature and answered by death. You are a different kind of question with a different kind of answer." -Helios

frythecompguy

Post by frythecompguy » Tue Apr 01, 2014 7:36 am

Barry,
My temp job got cancelled temporarily. Not sure when it will start again. my email is good-guy2@juno.com. Email me your phone and I'll get with you. I have NEVER floated ABOVE Turner Bend. I can go Today or Thursday, but Sunday looks to be awesome! Too cold and no sun. Water is cold, so I need SUN to make me get in! Ha! I'll float anytime I can tho! Email me those digits and we can get on that Mulberry! Frog is possible if we get lots of rain too! David :grin:

Social Media