Upper Kings

Post links to your paddling related videos here!

LARAMY
Name: LARAMY

Upper Kings

Post by LARAMY » Wed Dec 09, 2015 9:35 am

Finally knocked this one off the to-do list.

https://vimeo.com/148034053" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

magicmike
Name: Mike

Re: Upper Kings

Post by magicmike » Wed Dec 09, 2015 5:21 pm

Nice! I too have had that run on my list. For about 20 years. Its now back towards the top, thanks.-M- :thumbup:
"Whenever you find yourself on the side of the majority,it's time to pause and reflect".

torpedo
Name: Toby Von Rembow

Post by torpedo » Thu Dec 10, 2015 10:24 pm

I was there yesterday for work and I noticed a little blue paint right at the Falls. I thought, I bet someone has run this recently... I guess it was you and your buddies. It must have been a long day for the R2 crew.

LARAMY
Name: LARAMY

Post by LARAMY » Wed Dec 16, 2015 10:39 am

We actually ran that on Nov 29th, it just took me a little while to get the video up. The water level was good and a blast in a kayak. The raft did struggle though. I'm not sure another foot of water on the gauge would've helped them much though, theres just some really tight places in there.

Rustynuts

Post by Rustynuts » Wed Dec 16, 2015 12:22 pm

So what gage do we watch for this run? The usgs kings at Grandview Bridge can be really frustrating for even trying to do a float around Marble/Rockhouse. I think the Turner bend gage is closer to where the rain has to fall to juice this one up. Does anybody have any info ? Like low water crossings in the area ? We run one creek here in northern Carroll county without even scouting it because we know a few county road slabs around the area are an indicator of the real rainfall.

Kevin

Rustynuts

Post by Rustynuts » Wed Dec 16, 2015 12:26 pm

Ok now that I finally got enough bandwidth to see the full video I see a gage on the bridge .

Social Media