Study on white water parks for Louisiana

Open Discussion
mgood

Re: Study on white water parks for Louisiana

Post by mgood » Fri Aug 22, 2008 10:04 pm

I realize this topic has been dead for a little while now, but I was reading through it and I thought I'd add my two cents. There's a little known play-spot at Wallace Lake Dam, just about 15 minutes south of Shreveport, that could be significantly improved with very little cost (compared to that of building a playpark). My dad and I have been paddling there for years, and while it's not quite the Tot, it's something to paddle when I can't leave the state. It usually is play-able after a large rainfall- the best level is anywhere from 145-150(+?), and you can track it online at http://www2.mvr.usace.army.mil/WaterCon ... 8&dt=S&d=7" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;.

I've tried moving some rocks around to make it a cleaner play spot, but its a hard job for one guy. The area is a best of a park-and-play as you're going to get. It'd be great to get some feedback on how to make this a classic play spot. Also, if you're in the Shreveport area and it has rained just enough, I'll probably be out there.

RomanLA
Name: Roman Ryder

Re: Study on white water parks for Louisiana

Post by RomanLA » Fri Aug 22, 2008 10:21 pm

There's a park and boof on Kisatchie Bayou near Leesville. :D

Social Media