Welcome Home Jim Krueger!

Open Discussion

Cowper
Name: Cowper C

Welcome Home Jim Krueger!

Post by Cowper » Sat Aug 06, 2022 9:10 am

Join me in welcoming Jim and Marlo Krueger back to Arkansas! Jim is returning to Arkansas after a multi-week stay at St. Luke’s Baylor Hospital in Texas, where he received multiple surgeries including replacement of his ascending aorta and at least one other artery, been on a heart-lung machine, battled with aspirational pneumonia, and received multiple related chest and reconstructive surgeries. (I’m not a medical person, so I’ll have to leave it to Marlo to answer questions and/or make any necessary corrections.) Jim and Marlo are now back in Benton where Jim will be continuing rehabilitation, but my understanding is that the worst is now behind him. For those of you who don’t know Jim and Marlo, they are two of the nicest folks you’ll ever meet! They’ve been instructors at multiple Schools of Recreational Paddling for the ACC and led many trips on the Caddo and the Ouachita rivers, and probably some others I’m either forgetting or didn’t know about!

Welcome home, Jim and Marlo, and may you continue your recovery and join us again on the river!
Trash: Get a little every time you go!

Jim Krueger

Re: Welcome Home Jim Krueger!

Post by Jim Krueger » Sat Aug 06, 2022 5:00 pm

Thank You Cowper for your sweet article, and to all of our friends for your thoughts and prayers during this difficult time. Starting last year with a triple bypass heart surgery, I have just completed my third episode of this procedure.
Marlo and I just returned from Houston and a successful repair. After living with 45percent heart function since the second surgery, I’m just delighted and grateful with my outcome. We were fortunate enough to be routed to a world-class surgeon at Baylor who’s specially is with this type of procedure. Marlo finally brought me home from rehab today and I just have to pinch myself.
I’m indebted to my sweet wife and my further wish would be to visit with each of you for your kindnesses. The last two hours of my surgery was handed off to a plastic surgeon who rebuilt what was left of my sternum. I am looking forward to working gently back in to our exercise routine as I’m in a very delicate situation for the immediate future. I’m so looking forward to resuming my beloved kayaking and gardening.
Much love to everyone!
Sincerely Jim

greenbakz

Re: Welcome Home Jim Krueger!

Post by greenbakz » Mon Aug 08, 2022 7:43 pm

Wow, that sounds like a long struggle you guys. Glad you're progressing well.

Social Media