Canoe rentals near Hickson Lake

Open Discussion

MNPaddler
Name: Emily Wartman

Canoe rentals near Hickson Lake

Post by MNPaddler » Sun Sep 30, 2018 9:17 am

Hi all,

We are on a road trip from Northern MN and were looking forward to paddling around the Bayou DeView as we passed through Arkansas. However, we planned on renting a canoe once we got down there, and today we learned that the canoe rental place we wanted to use is closed for the season. A quick Google search turns up nothing nearby. Does anybody have a suggestion about where to rent a canoe or kayak near Hickson Lake?

Thanks!

Jim Krueger

Re: Canoe rentals near Hickson Lake

Post by Jim Krueger » Sun Sep 30, 2018 9:42 pm

Emily,

We're so glad you posted on the ACC site , and are down touring through the state! I spent three years living in Minnesota, as an Army kid in the early 1960's, I still have so many fond memories of my time in the Minneapolis area and beyond. I don't have any suggestions to offer on canoe outfitters in the part of Arkansas you are wanting to paddle. I live in the south central part of the state, just south of little Rock, and would gladly loan you a couple of kayaks and gear if you had a way to transport them. The swamps, bayous, lakes and rivers of the south eastern part of the state are so scenic, I can only recommend asking locally in the towns in that area where you might rent a small flat-bottomed boat perhaps.

Best Regards
Jim Krueger

Social Media