What is the value of my canoe?

Open Discussion

kpla51

What is the value of my canoe?

Post by kpla51 » Thu Sep 20, 2018 10:24 pm

So I'm new to Arkansas and new to canoes. I acquired two in a trade and might sell one, the one I'm looking to sell is an old town osprey 140 in royalex. It is in very good condition and looks barely used. What would be the value of a canoe like this?

BEubanks
Name: Byron Eubanks

Re: What is the value of my canoe?

Post by BEubanks » Tue Sep 25, 2018 9:09 pm

Here's some info that might give you something to start on. I found an old ad for an Osprey 140 new at about $1700. But Old Town no longer makes the Osprey, so not sure how old the ad was.

Also found an ad for one on the ACC site from 2016 where one sold for $500.

You might google around for used Ospreys and see what you can find, Craigslist, Ebay, etc.

I'd guess $500 is a good place to start.

Roger

Re: What is the value of my canoe?

Post by Roger » Thu Sep 27, 2018 12:02 pm

Pretty much what Byron said in his post but a bit more is that right now Royalex is a dead product so it's pretty much what the market dictates. I've seen boats worth maybe $400 go for $1000 because of the manufacturer, boat, and maybe condition (didn't see it in person). If the boat is in exceptional shape (no repairs or damage, stored indoors, etc.) then you might ask $600 in the right market.
I am I plus my surroundings and if I do not preserve the latter, I do not preserve myself. Jose Ortega Y Gasset

The earth is like a spaceship that didn't come with an operating manual.
Buckminster Fuller

Social Media