Dumping of Animal Carcasses Along Waterways

Open Discussion

lalyle

Dumping of Animal Carcasses Along Waterways

Post by lalyle » Mon Oct 30, 2017 10:44 pm

This morning, my dog and I explored the put-in on the west side of the Hwy 64 bridge over the Cadron. We found recently dumped crates of fruits and veggies atop tires already there, topped with a fresh dead dog, all cascading down the steep embankment of the slough below the parking area. About 15 feet from the Cadron itself, a heap of at least four butchered deer no more than a few hours dead. Steps away, a toilet. Within sight, on the east bank, appliances. :thumbdown:

A couple of weeks ago, we visited the mouth of Palarm Creek. Wiley kept nosing around something on the steep slope beneath the railroad bridge. It turned out to be the grotesque carcass of a Rottweiler wearing a collar and leash, the handle of the leash still uphill at the edge of the path as if the owner had been holding it and executed the animal. :(

Is this an issue for Game and Fish or for whom?

Cowper
Name: Cowper C

Re: Dumping of Animal Carcasses Along Waterways

Post by Cowper » Fri Nov 03, 2017 7:34 pm

I've seen some of the dumping there in the past, but nothing as bad as what you're seeing now.

I'd start with AG&F. The presence of a ramp there suggests they might have an interest. If they built the ramp and turned over maintenance to some other entity (Conway, Faulkner County, AHTD, whoever) then they should be able to at least help identify who you should be talking to. If none of those pan out, at least report it to the Faulkner County Sheriff.

There may not be much they can do, but it all has to start with at least reporting it. With CWD, disposing of carcasses in that manner SHOULD be of interest to AGFC.
Trash: Get a little every time you go!

Social Media