Seeking flatwater Stand Up Paddleboarders

Open Discussion

SummerSunny9
Name: Christine Sasse

Seeking flatwater Stand Up Paddleboarders

Post by SummerSunny9 » Sat Sep 30, 2017 9:40 am

I'm a newbie with an inflatable SUP. I've only taken my board out about 12 times (but haven't fallen yet!)
Wanting to learn more, meet others, and find some CALM river/creek locations deep enough to accommodate for a SUP with a 6' fin.

Thanks!

Andrew C
Name: Andrew Callaway

Re: Seeking flatwater Stand Up Paddleboarders

Post by Andrew C » Sun Oct 01, 2017 9:05 am

It might help letting folks know what area of the state you're paddling in. If you are up around NWA at all I would recommend getting ahold of Rob Moody at Arkansas Outdoor Outfitters. He is a ACA certified L-2 SUP instructor, and has been putting on some wonderful down river SUP clinics on the Illinois downstream from the kayak park. This is an easy class 1 river, and his clinics are a lot of fun. River SUP is highly addictive. :twocents: In any case you might want to talk to him as he probably knows everyone with a SUP up in this part of the state.

SummerSunny9
Name: Christine Sasse

Post by SummerSunny9 » Sun Oct 01, 2017 12:34 pm

Sorry! I live in central Arkansas (Conway) so I can easily travel just about any direction. Most of my paddle boarding has been in the Cleburne/Van Buren County area.

On occasion, I travel around the state for my employer, and could always do a little paddle boarding after hours.

Would prefer to keep general outings within an hour and a half trip but could travel for lessons.

RobM
Name: Rob

Post by RobM » Tue Oct 03, 2017 11:33 pm

Hello,

Great to hear about more & more people in Arkansas getting into standup paddle boarding ! Ms. Johnnie (my other half) , Dawson (grandson) & I get out all the time . We are all hooked on SUP'N. I like to paddle on any style water. Sometimes I get down in your area to paddle. If you ever plan on being in our area get a hold of us maybe we all could meet up for a paddle.

I'm also the owner of Arkansas Outdoor Outfitters, like Andrew was saying (which don't let him fool you, he's a awesome sup boarder himself). We offer all styles of Stand up paddle board clinics from absolute beginner to the clinic Andrew was describing. Also more importantly Flatwater Kayak safety , River Safety and Rescue courses & Swift water rescue courses . We are having a one day river rescue clinic this Saturday October 7th at the Siloam Springs Kayak Park. The next down river sup clinic is October 14th, which I love to see how much people improve during these clinics. Which seeing everyone have so much fun & get addicted to SUP makes my day. For more information on either clinic call me at 479-957-8118 or if you happen to be in the area paddling.

~Rob ~
See ya on the water,
Rob

Social Media