Royalex Repair

Open Discussion

Soonerfan85
Name: David

Royalex Repair

Post by Soonerfan85 » Fri Jul 07, 2017 8:20 am

Looking to make the usual repairs to bow and keel line of a 1975 Blue Hole OCA Royalex canoe. Also hope to repaint as previous paint job is chalking up when wet. Have any of you guys or gals ever used a tape product called KeelEazy? It's a peel and stick PVC based tape that's only been around 6 or 7 years. I know West Marine G Flex epoxy has been a popular product to repair ABS, but since KeelEazy comes in several colors, I thought this might look nicer than the typical grunge kit.

Also, anyone know of someone that can make repro decals for the Blue Hole?

Randy Dodson

Re: Royalex Repair

Post by Randy Dodson » Sat Jul 08, 2017 8:18 am

i have thought about using keel easy on one of my canoes but like you, don't know how well it works. you might try asking this question on cboats.net. if your blue hole actually needs repairing, i don't think i would count on just the keel easy tape unless it's just shallow scrapes. If you use it, let us know how you like it. :canoe:
Parrot Head Paddler

BEubanks
Name: Byron Eubanks

Re: Royalex Repair

Post by BEubanks » Wed Jul 12, 2017 5:28 pm

I used keel easy on an old Coleman canoe. Different plastic but didn't hold up well. I removed after one summer. Might work better in Royalex. I've used Kevlar and Fiberglas with pigment to match color of boat.

Social Media