Ozarks paddler hoping to get acquainted in LR

Open Discussion

kpape
Name: K Pape

Ozarks paddler hoping to get acquainted in LR

Post by kpape » Sun Feb 05, 2017 12:09 pm

I expect to be in Little Rock weekend of Feb 18 and for a few more days. My base will be an RV at Riverside RV in NLR. It's my initial explore LR venture. Sadly, I can't stay over for Central Chapter meeting on 28th. I get a lot of fair weather roll practice at Bull Shoals and might bring the Jackson Rogue considering single handed loading and the possibilty of making a roll session at the pool, but I just saw the post and don't know the UALR area. Any suggestions, text 8702007744 Thanks.

KP

BEubanks
Name: Byron Eubanks

Re: Ozarks paddler hoping to get acquainted in LR

Post by BEubanks » Sun Feb 05, 2017 1:48 pm

Roll sessions will be a good way to meet some of the LR area paddlers. Check out the ACC on Facebook, too. It appears to get a lot more attention and traffic these days than the message board.

Cowper
Name: Cowper C

Post by Cowper » Mon Feb 06, 2017 10:06 pm

When you say "Any suggestions", I'm not sure what information you really need.

Relative to dates, plan on going on a Wednesday night - Saturday's happen, but get cancelled a lot due to swim meets.

On the "how to find it", plug 34.722 -92.3375 into your smart phone. Park as close to that spot as you can get, the pool doors are just to your West. Approach that lot from UALR Campus drive, then zig-zag NE into the parking lot. Several roads are gated, but you can drive to right where that pin should drop if you find your way through the UALR maze of gates. Gates to the parking lot itself should be open by 6 PM, but if you drive by to check it out at other times of day they may still be closed.

Hope to see you there.
Trash: Get a little every time you go!

Cowper
Name: Cowper C

Post by Cowper » Mon Feb 06, 2017 10:10 pm

Oh, another suggestion - check out the Arkansas Canoe Club Facebook group - this board has seen less and less used as more people migrate to that platform, so if you look only here you might miss something!

And for a day trip, go out to the Little Maumelle area, and check out the new floating camping platform. N34.8215 W92.46695
Trash: Get a little every time you go!

kpape
Name: K Pape

Post by kpape » Sun Feb 12, 2017 6:42 pm

How much kayak can I get into the pool? Might be a moot point; I can only get my JK Rogue off the roof of my Durango by myself (I'll be at the RV park off and on while my wife is visiting the Texas grandchildren). But staying on the river downtown, by the NLR boat ramp, I can get some better sightseeing in with my sea kayak. And visiting brewpubs when I'm on land. I'm getting the FB feed, BTW, but I may miss some posts.

Social Media