Eagles & Icicles, Feb 4th 2017

Open Discussion

kru1
Name: Kristian

Eagles & Icicles, Feb 4th 2017

Post by kru1 » Tue Jan 31, 2017 7:40 pm

That time of the year again folks. The Northwest Chapter is teaming up with Ozark Mountain Trading Company (OMTC) to host another Eagles & Icicles. It will be held this Saturday, Feb 4th.

I have contacted Ernie at Kings River Outfitters (KRO), and he feels there will be enough water in the Kings to float from his place to the Farm. This is the same section we did last year. It is a little under 5 miles of a float. All of it is class I paddling with a few strainers mixed in. Water will be on the lower side so we may have to drag a shoal or two if we don't pick the perfect/deepest line.

Everyone is welcome to this free event, the Northwest Chapter will cover all cost associated with launch and take out fees (actually Ernie is allowing us to access his place for free, we just need to pay the land owner at the take out).

We will meet at OMTC at 9:00 (https://goo.gl/maps/oUHkLN5xz912), and they will provide coffee, hot chocolate, and doughnuts. You will have some time to get any warm weather gear there that you made need. We will then caravan over to KRO to drop our boats off and then go set shuttle. There will also be a group meeting at KRO at 10:45 (https://goo.gl/maps/JsEzAmVzhAm). We should be on the water before noon and will paddle down a little bit to find a gravel bar to eat lunch. Pack you own lunch.

This is pretty section of river, and the float shouldn't last much longer the 3 hours. Ernie mentioned there are a lot of eagles, he has also mentioned that he has seen some golden eagles. Come join us, or post up if you have any questions.

See you then,
kru
I say, and I intend it emphatically, let the river be.
Thomas Hart Benton, on the Buffalo River

RobM
Name: Rob

Re: Eagles & Icicles, Feb 4th 2017

Post by RobM » Sat Feb 04, 2017 10:35 pm

What a awesome day on the water!
Attachments
IMG_0260.JPG
IMG_0259.JPG
IMG_0258.JPG
See ya on the water,
Rob