Any info on Jones Center pool sessions in 2017?

Open Discussion

Henry Gresham

Any info on Jones Center pool sessions in 2017?

Post by Henry Gresham » Tue Dec 27, 2016 10:46 am

I missed the last meeting, and haven't seen any info on NW Chapter pool sessions at the Jones Center for 2017. Did I miss something?

Andrew C
Name: Andrew Callaway

Re: Any info on Jones Center pool sessions in 2017?

Post by Andrew C » Wed Jan 04, 2017 5:59 pm

The pool session dates are January 14, and January 21. 9 to 11:30 am.
I just pulled this info from fakebook. Unfortunately the message board seems to be forsaken when it comes to getting info about the Northwest Chapter.
:NoNo:

Henry Gresham

Post by Henry Gresham » Thu Jan 05, 2017 4:38 pm

Thanks for your reply. I wonder if this msg board is now completely dead. I for one have no interest in Facebook. It is a reprehensible company with no ethics. Just look at what they did yesterday: permitted the live feed of the torture of a disabled man in Chicago by a gang of thugs for over 30 minutes before taking down the feed. I hope the officers in the NW Chapter consider that not everyone embraces "Fakebook", but virtually ALL members have access to a web browser. Just saying!

northwest

Post by northwest » Fri Jan 06, 2017 11:01 am

...what he said...

Andrew C

Post by Andrew C » Fri Jan 06, 2017 6:58 pm

I have an update about the pool session times. The previously posted times are incorrect. The correct times are 10:00 am to 12:30pm. The dates are still the 14th, and 21st.

Andrew C

Post by Andrew C » Fri Jan 06, 2017 8:08 pm

As far as facebook goes I could not agree more. I cannot begin to describe how much I loath and detest facebook.
I have been thinking about this a great deal, and it is a great shame the the ACC website is falling into disuse. I am a fairly new member of the ACC, but about a year before I ended up joining I looked over the ACC website, and it did not make a good impression. The ghost town of websites. No upcoming events, and nothing going on. And I remember thinking "Why should I cough up $25 to join this defunct outfit?".
Later on I ended up joining on the advice of a friend, and I am quite glad that I did. It has turned out to be one of the best things in my life, and now in hindsight I regret that year I missed.
At a certain point however it was made clear to me that if I wanted to be in the loop about what is going on I needed to be on facebook. So I am. However I have to admit that I carry a little bit of a chip on my shoulder about this. If I could be in touch with what is going on without facebook I would be thrilled.
So I would encourage everyone to use the message board. And I guess I need to volunteer to copy Northwest Chapter events to the board. The message board is a wonderful tool to link up paddling minded people. Please keep using it.

RobM
Name: Rob

Post by RobM » Sun Jan 15, 2017 11:00 am

Thank you Andrew for keeping a eye on this board & letting everyone know about the pool sessions. With the FB page booming like it is, I don't check this page out nearly enough.
See ya on the water,
Rob

Social Media