Cabot area?

Open Discussion

BBNFAN
Name: Kevin

Cabot area?

Post by BBNFAN » Thu Jul 07, 2016 10:16 pm

Brand new to the canoe club. We live near Cabot and have a beast of a 14' canoe we got a year or so ago. We have been around to a few lakes to float with the kiddos, but I really want to start floating some rivers. Are there any good location in or around the Lonoke area that would be fun and safe to get out on?

mohawklady
Name: pam ellwood

Re: Cabot area?

Post by mohawklady » Sat Jul 09, 2016 6:09 am

kevin, welcome aboard i am the lady who told you about the club, we have surf and turf coming up on july 30, its a picnic, and float on the ouchita a great way to meet our chapter members until we get some rain there is not much floatable..pam

jimdogtoday
Name: James Bassett

Post by jimdogtoday » Sat Jul 09, 2016 3:07 pm

the little red river is a nice slow float--put in at lobo--i think it's called lobo landing-- and take out at dripping springs in pangburn--there are a few public access points in pangburn--it's dam fed, so floatable thru the summer--

Roger

Post by Roger » Sun Jul 10, 2016 6:59 pm

Just north of Searcy about 20 miles and four miles from the Little Red. Dripping Springs in Pangburn (4 miles from the house) to the Ramsey Access on Highway 124 is a nice float as well if not releasing as it is not too long and shuttle is easy. We will be happen to help you with your shuttle if we can't paddle with you on your trip especially before it gets to August when we start back to work. Educators on summer vacation is our MO!

You can go up to Batesville and paddle Poke Bayou there as it has several sections to be done on easy water. There's an outfitter service that can help you find the put-ins, recommend levels, etc. Fishing and easy paddling is the menu.

https://www.facebook.com/Oneal-Outfitte ... 414653683/
I am I plus my surroundings and if I do not preserve the latter, I do not preserve myself. Jose Ortega Y Gasset

The earth is like a spaceship that didn't come with an operating manual.
Buckminster Fuller

BBNFAN
Name: Kevin

Post by BBNFAN » Sun Jul 10, 2016 7:02 pm

Thank you for tellling us about the ACC! We spent the weekend in Mountain View, we were on Sylamore Creek all day Saturday, we had a blast! !

kaldgeron
Name: Robert

Post by kaldgeron » Tue Jul 12, 2016 7:47 pm

I'm from the Cabot area as well. We like to go to the spring river near Hardy.

Roger

Post by Roger » Thu Jul 14, 2016 8:27 am

Best if you go during week or start later after renters have departed. Avoid holidays!!
I am I plus my surroundings and if I do not preserve the latter, I do not preserve myself. Jose Ortega Y Gasset

The earth is like a spaceship that didn't come with an operating manual.
Buckminster Fuller

Social Media