new sign up

Open Discussion

dlinn

new sign up

Post by dlinn » Wed Jun 29, 2016 10:37 pm

Hey all,
Been lurking for awhile decided to sign up since i finally bought my first canoe at 40yo lol. Have been a renter for all my life but one of my 3 boys have gotten the paddling bug so Im all in. We have been hiking buddies for some time but now time for some aqua blazing. I know, bad time of year to start.

Anyway, wanted to introduce myself. Tomorrow floating (or dragging) tyler bend to gilbert. No matter how hot or low the water is....im super excited. If nothing else, im getting wet lol

Glad to be here guys, and thanks for all the work and conservation you guys do.

dlinn

onewillpaddle

Re: new sign up

Post by onewillpaddle » Thu Jun 30, 2016 10:56 am

Welcome aboard!! Glad to have you!

Deuce
ACC President
Name: Luke Coop

Post by Deuce » Thu Jun 30, 2016 11:26 am

Welcome! In the old days you would have received two pages of responses by now, but sadly our friendly (sometimes hornery but always friendly) message board has seen a significant traffic decrease in favor of Facebook. I personally enjoy both, but I encourage you to also join the FB group if you haven't already. This is a very warm and welcoming group and we're honored you joined us. Make plans to attend Rendezvous in September to meet a bunch of us and have a ball. Bring the kids, the boats, the camping gear and any toys you'd like. We'll see y'all there! http://arkansascanoeclub.com/page-490146
You come too.
Robert Frost

dlinn

Post by dlinn » Sun Jul 03, 2016 5:51 pm

Thanks for the welcome. I'm not on facebook. I know, I know. Haha. But I will definitely look into the september dates. Looks like alot of fun.

Anyway, Tyler to Gilbert was good. Great weather. The water was very low and slow, but nice and cool. Better than sitting in the ac. Took a leisurely 4 1/2 hours at 3.9'. 3 drags and only one 20-30' walk. Actually my son didnt have to get out. Once I did it lifted enough to float. Good for the self confidence. lol

JTarver

Post by JTarver » Sun Jul 10, 2016 2:57 pm

I second entirely what Duece said about Rendevous! Good times there for sure...it's worth taking time off from work to go too if need be.
Welcome to the board and the ACC, hit the water all you can this summer..it'll only strengthen it's grip on you when you do.

Hope to see you and your family on the river sometime.
Joe
And all this life we've glorified
Robbin' from the blind
It's not easy, you see
Don't think i don't know sympathy
My victims in my shadow
Starin' back at me

fryingsquirrel
Name: Jon Ellwood

Post by fryingsquirrel » Sun Jul 10, 2016 3:42 pm

Welcome to our band of misfits! If you are in or near Central Ar, a great option on the weekends is the Ouachita River near Malvern. The water is dam released on most weekends throughout the summer, and weekdays when they are generating. Easy class 1+ float with cool water and plenty of current all the way to the Rockport ledge, which is a single smooth drop if you stay river left, or you can take out above the drop. You'll find plenty of Central Chapter members down there floating downstream or playing at the ledge on the weekends.
Hope to see you on the river sometime!
Jon Ellwood
Litter Rock, Ar
"Life is a question asked by nature and answered by death. You are a different kind of question with a different kind of answer." -Helios

Social Media