Dave? You good?

Open Discussion

Clif

Dave? You good?

Post by Clif » Thu Mar 31, 2016 7:08 am

Tulsa tornados. Where they in your area mr Dave Reid?

hope you all good, Okiewan
You sure this is on the right channel?

okieboater
Name: David L. Reid

Re: Dave? You good?

Post by okieboater » Thu Mar 31, 2016 9:10 am

Yup, we got lucky on this one.
a bunch of others did not.

7 known injuries one very critical, some houses totally destroyed, many with major roof damage, many farm outbuildings totally destroyed and the list goes on.

We have great tv weather coverage here in tornado alley. Channel 6 was on top of every cell and there were many up and down the state. many car based storm chasers with live tv and phone coverage. radars out the yeng yang with the weather guys giving minute to minute warning by street addresses and intersections soon as the touch downs began. A weather helicopter with a HD TV camera that put us watchers ring side watching the twister form, tear up things then go up and down. Truly remarkable. I think this type of coverage is a major reason only 7 injured so far. This thing was off and on the ground for about an hour over I estimate a 50 mile swath. The good thing is this was a low grade twister as far as that goes, but any tornado on the ground is serious business. I hope this thing cooled down and went away by the time it got to the great state of Arkansas. At least our weather guys thought so by ten oclock news time.
Okieboater AKA Dave Reid

We are not sure when childhood ends and adulthood begins.

We are sure that when retirement begins, childhood restarts

Social Media